Whipped Shea Butter

MsDammit

Hello everyone! I'm a newbie, just wanna say i find this forum extremely helpful. I have been playing around with different whipped shea butter recipes and have been finding them too greasy. I just made a batch using half ready made base and half shea butter and it turned out awesome-thick, creamy, and not at all greasy. My question refers to labeling-how do i list the INCI ingredients-can i list the shea butter first and then the ingredients of the base?

Here's the ingredient list:

Ingredient statement: Deionized water, aloe vera, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, silk protein, peg-100 myristate, Vitamin E, dimethicone, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, allantoin, panthenol, Vitamin A, Vitamin D

Welcome to the board! :grin2:

See those "paraben" ingredients? Those are preservatives designed to inhibit the growth of mold and bacteria in a product containing water, such as a lotion base. I'm wondering how additional ingredients added to the base might affect the preservative system? :) Especially at such a high rate as you're using. You might want to check into that first. :)

I guess what I'm saying is that I am wondering if that lotion base was designed to handle extra additions besides maybe a little fragrance? I have not investigated this lotion base so I don't know much about it. Just going by the ingredients listing here. :-)

Hope that's helpful! :-D

hmmmm...good point crafty, i think i'll email em and ask, lol. On another note, does anyone know where to get those cute little plastic milk jugs? I saw them once @wholesalesupplies but they dont have them anymore:undecided

ok, the base ingredients are:

deionized water

ceterayl alcohol & cetearth 10

glyceryl monostearate

isopropyl palaitate

aloe vera

triethanolamine

tetrasodium EDTA

methyl paraben

propyl paraben

received an email from CS@essentials and they said "We recommend no more than 7% because it has not been tested for longterm stability. In other words wether it will seperate or break down over time. As for the preservatives,that all depends on the Shea butter. If you are buying it from us then it is highly refined so this should not be an issue. If you are buying from another source we recommend you ask them if it requires preservatives."