Clear base clouding up in freezer

maryann

OK I've tried just about every trick I can think and hoping someone has one I haven't tried yet! My extra clear base from WSP is crystal clear after it sets up BUT I have to put it in the freezer to get it out of the mold. As its in the freezer the clear base is clouding up and remains that way. I'm using no FO, I've put it in front of a fan, tried witch hazel into of r. alcohol, didn't use r/ alocohol to spritz out bubbles, poured warm, poured cool, put in freezer 10 minutes then refrig to introduce it back in the warmer air slower.

Now if I don't put it in the freezer its fine but I've already cracked two molds and still haven't given the soap out. OH I've even tried soaking the bottom of the mold in an icebath and the top still "fogs up". PLEASE I NEED HELP... anybody got a solution I haven't tried?? TIA :)

I haven't, I don't think :confused: I've tried so much I can't even remember if I did, sad huh?

The molds are plastic like the wilton chocolate candy molds. They crack so easy that's why I was sooooooo excited when I saw BB carried those flexible molds. So excited I didn't read how tiny they were and purchased 4 :embarasse.

That is sooo wierd Maryann, I've had problems cracking molds and such, but that was before I learned to be just a little bit more careful with them. (all of mine are the rigid plastic ones unfortunately. :rolleyes:) I've broken/cracked many molds, but now I'm just a little more patient/easy with them and they come right out. ?????

Especially with the small ones (like little hearts, flowers, etc.) I just wait a bit after removing from the freezer and then push down right in the middle gently but firmly constantly until I see them start to release.

I'm not trying to say you're being a big bully when you try and get them out, but just that I've not had problems getting them out, OR having my soap get cloudy from being in the freezer for that matter. ??????

How long are you leaving it in the freezer and are you trying to remove straight from the freezer? It may be that the mold is just frozen also, and therefore more brittle. KWIM??

Hmmmm trying to help ya here sweetie. ;)

Yeah sure I can tell (ouch the bruises:D).

Actually I was cracking them before I started putting them in the freezer, now that I'm putting them in the freezer they slip right out after 5 minutes. NOW my problem is the clear base is cloudy after coming out of the freezer :embarasse.

I don't know :sad2: just remember peeps that are in the kids B&B swap I TRIED. My idea was cute except for this little problem that's botching up some of the products I'm sending. I'm not giving up though I'll find a way to fix this yet (I hope).

Are you using SFIC soap base now? That's what I use, although I don't use the ultra clear, just the reg. clear, but I haven't had any problems with cloudieness, and I usually put all my smaller molds and even the logs sometimes in the freezer (I am sooo impatient ;) ).

The bigger logs I just did (for the candle/soap swap) I did NOT put in the freezer at all (well I did the embeds but not the logs themselves) and just waited a while before unmolding, and then did like I mentioned in my earlier post.

I really want to help you Maryann, cuz I know how frustrating it is, to have a really cool soap that you worked really hard on, being really creative and timeconsuming and then have it not turn out the way you want, through no fault of your own. :angry2:

:embarasse no I'm not, I'm still using up my WSP bases, I'm using their extra clear base.

I'm still trying and its not working. I tried spritzing w/ water, wiped on SAO, OO, and Glycerin. I tried new soap adding a little FO and its cloudier (is that a word :grin2:). OH boy! Well one good thing once the kids start using it, it'll be clear.