wicking 16oz Apothecary

New to candle making, have had fairly good results with small containers. I would like to try a 16oz Apothecary, and need a little help on wicking. Jar is 4" in diameter by 3.5 Tall. I am using Cargill Nature Wax C-3, and have 3 wicks to choose from, HTP, CD, ECO.

Which would be a good starting point?

Should I concider double wicks?

Scent I want to try is Mulberry.

Any help will be appreciated!!!!

I used 16oz Apoth Jars myself same width. I love the HTP wicks, mainly b/c I use Soy. Depending on the FO I normally use 2 HTP104's to start (1oz pp) and go from there. Im usually right on point with the 104's. However I have had to wick up to a 105 and down to a 93.

Thanks for the help, I see you double wick this large jar. The only thing I wasn't to crazy about the HTP wics, was that they curl over when burning. A few smaller test candle I burned, the melt pool shifted over more to one side and left a little hangup on the otherside.

Thanks for the help, I see you double wick this large jar. The only thing I wasn't to crazy about the HTP wics, was that they curl over when burning. A few smaller test candle I burned, the melt pool shifted over more to one side and left a little hangup on the otherside.

That is what the HTP wicks are designed to do is curl at the ends when they burn, for less mushrooming. The HTP wick if you look at it, has an upward "V" pattern on one side of the wick and a downward "V" pattern on the other side of the wick. The wick is always going to bend towards the downward "V" when it burns, and that is where it burns the hottest. If you are double wicking, I place my wicks with the downward "V"s pointing away from the center, and they will both curl toward the outside of the jar. If they are the proper wicks for that jar, you should a good meltpool with little or no hangup on the sides. Also make sure you trim them down to about 1/4" before each burn.

Edited to add, if you are single wicking, just point the downward "V" toward the inside of the jar and back it up a bit off center, toward the direction of the upward "V" and that should help a bit. (not sure I explained that right). I also agree with everyone else, I double wick any jar larger than 3", for soy wax.