Frosting in Ecosoya CB-135

I am testing a few different waxes including the Ecosoya CB-135 and so far I'm liking how this is working except for the frosting. It seems to burn quite easily and it sets up really nice and flat on top with no dips or sink holes. Cold throw seems pretty good - not sure on hot throw yet because I'm burning a couple different jars side by side to compare. Anyway, has anyone had luck reducing the frosting with this wax? I'm using liquid dyes and poured into warm apothecary jars at 150 degrees. They set up perfectly but the next morning there was frost around the bottom of the jars. Any suggestions? :undecided

Thanks.

This wax isn't the worst offender as far as frosting goes, so there's usually a way to get good results. You just have to experiment.

The most likely thing to look at is the pour temp. If you want to pour warm, the best temperature varies with the size and shape of the container. You could try a little cooler, but I don't know offhand what the best temp is. Another technique that seems to work with this wax is to pour at 100.

Don't forget that specific dyes and FOs can also sometimes cause problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I use Ecosoya Advanced and find pouring when the wax gets slushy works best to prevent frosting. However, I haven't been able to get a good hot scent throw with this wax even after a 2 week cure time. I've tried multiple FO's from 3 different companies. I'll be interested to know how the hot throw is for you.

Sab