My first wholesale account

I work at a Marriot/Renissance hotel and I gave a votive to my boss. Well I have a small pic of my photo embedded hurricanes on my hang tags. She asked me about it and after I explained them to her she asked me to make her one with a pic of the Inn. I did and took it in. She showed it to the GM and other managers at a managers meeting and everyone loved it. They placed an order for 25 of them to start off with. I know thats not a huge number, but I'm excited about it. They first told me that they intended to give them to our "elite" guests. But then when my boss told me that they wanted 25 to start with she said they wanted to see how well they sell before ordering more. I really hope that they don't try to sell these, cuz I don't think they'll sell and they wont end up ordering more. Who's really going to want one of these with a picture of a hotel on it in their home? I wouldn't. Plus I priced them a little low thinking that they wouldn't order if they were to high because they wouldn't be making any money off of them, they'd be gifts. They'd also go through them quicker and reorder faster. Oh well, it's still my first real order and I'm excited about it. Now I gotta go order me some wax LOL. Wish me luck on more orders, and getting these pics to come out straight on the first try.;)

Congrats!!!!!

This is a GREAT opportunity! You never know where it could lead. If they are selling them in the hotel gift shop, you might "comp" one or two with pics of something that is of interest to the area you are in...ie the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco....ya never know where it could lead. Just a thought.

Well congrats to you!!!!!! Hey, you might mention to your boss that they'd be great in the suites. The guests to use them and might be more inclined to want one for a souvenir, especially if their stay was for a momentous occasion. And of coarse, ti would boost your sales!!!! Just a thought!

Thank you everyone. I've thought about the points of interest angle, and have considered using some nice photos I've taken of sunsets on Lake Michigan, which is really the only local thing of interest. I've been thinking of putting either "Lake Michigan" or "Petoskey Michigan" on the pic in a pretty font. Considering the Inn is built right on the lakeshore they may go for that, and people like souviners with the name of the place they visited on it. I just don't know cuz the gift shop/cafe is so small and cramed with stuff already, including the local major manufactorer "Bullfrog"'s candles. Oh forgot to mention that Yes they do plan to sell them, saw it on the P.O. today.

As for the "in the suites" idea, I already mentioned that a bit in conversation. I think that was the original intention, then it turned to gifts, now they want to sell them. So I took my boss in my tart burner and some of my melts and I'm trying to convince them to buy burners for the rooms, and melts for the rooms from me. This place is all about providing luxury and customization, so I'm trying to hit that angle. Let the guest choose the scent they want, mix melts to make their own custom blend, etc.

Again, thank you for the incouraging replies.