Eco Wicks- Advantage

I have decided to get away from Zinc wicks entirely, so I have started the process once again, and have been trying almost everything!!!

I know that ECO wicks were designed for Soy/Veggie waxes.

Has anyone tried these wicks with a blended 30% Soy and 70% Paraffin?

Anyone that uses ECO see any advantages to trying these wicks with this application?

Hi Judy...it was a tough decision because they were SO EASY to work with and I had already tested for each FO, but I have never really been happy with the way the Zinc winks perform. I have read many things that have been written about them on this board...and just thought that I owed it to my customers and to my product to try and create the very best I can.They do have a tendancy to "smoke" more than the other wicks. I am just always wanting to improve, and IF there are better wick choices out there, I wanted to give them a shot.I never had any complaints about them other than a couple of questions about the core/wire/center.

I DO miss not having to use wick bars LOL

I am trying the LX, RD, CD, CDN, Cottons and Papers, Hemps...just everything I can find. I know that people rave about the ECOs for waxes that are primarily soy...I just wondered if they are some I should try for this wax???

Please know all you zinc users out there I am NOT bashing zincs. I have read that 80% of all paraffin users use Zinc wicks....and who knows...I may decide when this is all said and done to go right back to them myself!

Thats what testing is all about, I guess......trying to find/make the best we can!

Aw, go ahead and bash. I'm just using zinc wicks for the first time to make 7 day votive jar-lites with straight paraffin. Now there's the perfect application! Makes me feel so retro! But fast-forwarding to 2006, ECO is a fine and versatile German flat braid. I say give it a whirl.

I have decided to get away from Zinc wicks entirely, so I have started the process once again, and have been trying almost everything!!!

I know that ECO wicks were designed for Soy/Veggie waxes.

Has anyone tried these wicks with a blended 30% Soy and 70% Paraffin?

Anyone that uses ECO see any advantages to trying these wicks with this application?

I am using the eco wicks with the 70/30 blend, not the 30/70 blend you mentioned. I love them!!! I tried other wicks that only produced soot, or petered out. I was a paraffin candle maker, so when I switched to the 70/30 blend it was a whole new ball game for me. I think I had every wick there was, but the Eco, and so I tried several others first, since I had them and didn't want to order. Then a fellow CT'er sold me some Eco wicks to test with, and it didn't take long to realize they were the wicks for me. HTH

Have you tried the Premier wicks from Wickit? I am testing those now in J50 and they are doing great. I also have only been using zincs in this wax, but I really want to turn from the darkside. The Premier 700 series is made for soy waxes too. They also have a ton of sizes, so it's easy to find one that works.