Is it just me or...

Fern

does Nature's Garden Tayberry and Teak Wood smell pretty much like Twigs and Berries? I'm a little surprised by this since they carry the Twigs and Berries as well. I wonder why they would carry two scents that basically smell the same? Does anyone else think the same thing or is my sense of smell a bit off?

I think the same thing. In fact I was making twigs and berries yesterday thinking it was from Nature's Garden and it wasn't. I was thinking to myself oh yeah Nature's sells the tayberry and teakwood. Very simimlar if not exactly alike. Didn't know they sold the twigs and berries though.

does Nature's Garden Tayberry and Teak Wood smell pretty much like Twigs and Berries? I'm a little surprised by this since they carry the Twigs and Berries as well. I wonder why they would carry two scents that basically smell the same? Does anyone else think the same thing or is my sense of smell a bit off?

That is exactly what I thought, Fern, when I got it. I was going to post and ask the same question. I wonder why they carry both too. I wonder if it smells as close in wax. I have not yet poured it because I thought it smelled too much like Twigs and Berries.

Hey Holly...I've got both the Twigs and Berries and Teaberry and Teakwood from NG and they both smell the same...at least to me.

Yeah, I have both too and OOB they smell the same to me. I don't know if putting the Teaberry and Teakwood in wax would change it. If it does, it will surprise me since it smells almost identical out of the bottle. Have you put it in wax yet?

I ve noticed this with a couple of oils from different companies. I just wondered if maybe some companies use the same Fragrance vendor and just change the name on their site to make it sound different:undecided And for companaies that carry two similar, maybe its just like we change the name of a fragrance and it ups our sales.Anyone else think so?

Marisa: I think that some of them may do that. I'm also thinking that they may take the original fragrance, tweak it just enough to say that the two don't have the same "exact" formula...then they can justify renaming it. It doesn't matter that they smell the same, the ingredients may be ever so slightly different, so I'm assuming that they could get away with that.

Fern , I think you are right. Some are jsut so similar it cant be a mistake!LOL

Peoples minds can work on them with smell too.. I couldnt sell Candy Cane to save my life and I changed then name to Pure Peppermint and the same people that didnt like it before Were telling me how much better of a peppermint that it was and just loved it!!??LOL (I didnt say a word!HA) so i guess some suppliers may do that to??.