cpop

mcornwell

I usually put mine in on "warm" for a couple hours, turn it off and leave it there overnight - about 12 hours after the time I put mine in the oven I cut it. Sometimes it needs to sit longer I've noticed, but most times that is it.

Sara, what is your typical discount? Lye x 2.1? I'm just so afraid, my recipes seem to trace so fast as it is. Perhaps with one of my tried and true FO's......

e

I discount and CPOP generally. Never had a soap too hard to cut. Recipe makes a difference, too, I suppose.

Thats my issue as well Eugenia. I get rock hard bars with a water discount and some sea salt added to the lye water. I did an experiment today using one of my recipes. I didnt use as high as a dicount as I normally would though. I hope it goes well. Its in the oven now:D

I put my molds into an oven that has been preheated to 175 - as soon as I close the oven door I turn the oven off.

I leave my soap in the cooling oven for one hour. Take it out and let it get to room temp - then unmold it to cure.