Another math question

Sorry - that one really can't be answered - you are talking apples and oranges there - two complletely different things

What I mean is, a teaspoon is a measurement of volumn whereas a pound is a measurement of weight - A teaspoon of one substance such as water will weigh differently from a teaspoon of another heavier substance such as oil

The only way I know of to figure that conversion out for a specific substance is to tare out a container on your scale and add whatever substance you are trying to figure it out for by teaspoon until you reach your 1/4 pound

But - when you say 8 ounces = 48 tsp that is liquid ounces - and 1 liquid ounce can be different than 1 ounce of weight depending on the substance you are measuring - and to get 1/2 lb you have to use ounces of weight not volumn

Okay but when you make candles don't most of us work with liquid. I know the Fo's that I have ordered say they are by weight not volume and that 16 oz of dry wax will not be the same once it is in liquid form for soy it is more like 18 and paraffin it is 20 Though the original poster did not specify whether she was using liquid or not, I posted stating that I was giving her the conversion for liquid.

not meaning to argue or anything - but even though technically I am working with liquids when making candles I never pay attention to the volumn - I always work with weight on pretty much everything except maybe my colorant (I just use drops for that) - my wax and my FO is always weighed

but then again the original post may not even have anything to do with candles and I may be talking here without having a clue as to what I am talking about (which would not be the first time I assure you! lol)

And since the question was how much of a volumn was in a weight - I simply meant to state my opinion that you really can't convert volumn into weight without knowing what the substance is