Soy wax substitued for beeswax

lovebug7480

I'm not familiar w/ these soys but as long as they are 100 soy- cosmetic grade you can use it in your recipe. I wouldn't substitute it for the bw but instead use 1/2 and 1/2 or some proportion as soy is softer than bw and your lotion bar might not be as hard as you would like. You'll have to test in small batches (maybe do a quarter or 1/2 of everything your recipe calls for) to see what works best for you.:)

I've used Ecosoya Pure Soy as a subsitute for beeswax before. It works but the end results are a softer bar/balm. I've tried it in lip balms (don't like the refined beeswax as it stinks and I didn't want yellow balm cause I was going to color it neon colors) and in lotion bars (didn't like the end results, not sure if it was the soy or the recipe though). DON'T use EcoSoya PB as it's intended for candles and is not cometic grade, EcoSoya Pure is pure soy and can be used in cosmetic applications.

Matthew

The refined is white and in little pettels, it doesn't have a beeswaxy smell, but a kind of chemically smell, and it gave the balm a funny taste even after adding flavor oils. When I use Soy I don't get the funny taste or smell. It may be the brand of refined beeswax that has the problems.

Matthew