BNL scents arriving at BCN

Monica

I got the message that they are arriving..of course not the one I need:angry2:

I need Euc Spearmint but I remember on Lori's site it saying that her rosemary mint and euc spearmint were very close..well BCN has rosemary mint..anyone agree that they are close?? I really need this scent..I have tonys now(puke imho) it isnt close at all and all my customers turned up their nose:tiptoe:

To me they are similar because of the mint but I don't think similar enough that you could replace one for the other. I like the Rosemary Mint and it's really nice but I don't know if I could use it in place of the euc spearmint....but you never know...different waxes.... different noses....could always just try it.:confused:

The one that I need that they don't have is the Jade Garden.....:undecided and I miss Lori's solid lotion bar base. That was the best.

I too don't remember BNL oils being as high as BCN has them priced. :undecided I wondered if they would raise the price and apparently they have. They don't have BNL's Gentlemen's Bay Rum either - BCN's is just horrible and not anywhere near comparable to BNL's. I wonder if they carry GBR what the price on that one will be??

I am bummed because I do not see Persimmon Spice or Spiced Vanilla. These are the two that I just have to find. I also liked Lori's Ginger Lime but I don't think that is on there either. I thought for sure she was going to offer the Persimmon Spice. :undecided Maybe she is not done adding them yet. ??

Hey guys....

Lori here. I'm sure Doneen won't mind me coming in and clearing some things up.

BC actually has my oils priced $1.00 CHEAPER than I had them---and in some cases even more than $1.00 cheaper. And with their bulk deal, you can actually save more. We underwent a price increase in August due to increases in manufacturing costs/fuel surcharges etc. I'm guessing most of you purchased and stocked up during sales so that's why you think they should be cheaper than what they're listed at.

You simply don't have to use as much of the BNL oils so they are a really good value.

I carried well over 160 oils plus many others that I had discontinued, so please be patient with BC. It's going to take some time to bring in the selected oils since I used several different manufacturers. Doneen has carefully paid attention to all requests posted on various message boards as well as those that have come to her through email. I'm in frequent contact with Doneen, so I know they will answer your requests just as quickly as humanly possible. You guys know that BC will do everything they can to make you all as happy as they can.

It's just a transition time, and as with any transition it'll take some time. :)

Hi Lori,

Is BCN going to be carring your solid lotion bar base? That was the best base I've tried. I have asked around and not been able to find out if they are going to be carring it.

Thank you!

Rebecca

edited sorry for the hijack on the thread.

My reciept in Dec. has Eucalyptus Spearmint at $23.95 in March of '05 it was $17.95. In Aug. '05 Cucumber Melon & Sweet Pea were $18.95, Rosemary Mint was $17.95 in March and Aug. Remember Lori lowered prices when she did away with Dirt Cheap Scents but later she had to raise them.

Lori I need Cotton Blossom, now. Going to have to take it off my scent list for awhile....

Doneen just posted on another board. (The Scent Review.) She is going to have them all just taking a while. She is great and will take care of all of you. Give her a chance.

Thanks for the input. That is great news. I thought maybe they just were not all finalized (listed) yet. I was a little worried because she did tell me that there may be some that are too similiar to what she already has and I know that she already offers a vanilla spice. I mentioned that BNL's is quite different from a lot of other Vanilla Spice fragrance oils -- from what I have smelled anyway. She seemed pretty positive that she would offer the Persimmon Spice so I was wondering why that one was not on there.

Thanks again. :)

While I love Lori and think her scents are great, I simply do not find that I can use less of them than other oils to offset the higher cost. Of course, there are exceptions like cucumber melon and olive blossom, but not for the others I used regularly, some of which were at the pricier end. What makes Lori's scents great is the depth of the fragrance that you don't find in most candle fragrances, but I'm sorry to say that doesn't translate to lower usage rates in my case to allow them to fit into my cost guidelines for pricing now.

I guess it has been longer than I thought since I ordered Warm Vanilla Sugar but $18.95 to $22.95 is huge to me, especially considering the higher shipping due to distance and no sales to offset it. I definitely took advantage of sales to stock up on the pricier scents and ordered the lower cost ones in between to stay within budget. I, myself, hate the bulk deal in lieu of a good sale. Unless I'm low on several scents or it's busy season, I don't want to be forced to spend $110 or buy extra pounds I may not need to save less than 5%.

Sorry to be a grump...between this and Longwyck's, these are trying times. :laugh2:

Monica,

Doneen posted on TSR that "Eucalyptus Spearmint" will be in the next group that they add. There is a list of about 16 more oils that will be added soon. The Euc Spearmint, Persimmon Spice, and Olive Blossom are just a few of the ones listed.