Question On Soy wax & Wicks

Alright, today is the first day that I will be trying to make a pure soy candle

All say a prayer for me now!

*laughing

Seriously though, I did get NG's soy wax, question is, I have some HTP, Zinc and a couple of other wicks here to test...

I will also be pouring into a 8 oz tin

Question is, any recommendations on which is a good wick for Soy wax?

I've searched and have heard different opinions..but looking for a tried and true

Thank you so much for any input on this and will be doing my 1st testing with a HTP wick.

Cure time is longer correct?

HTPs and LXs are my two favorites. Zincs burn alot cooler and are more suited to paraffin. Curing time varies but if you are wick testing you can fire that puppy up after 24 hours. To test cold and hot throw, probably ought to give it three to seven days. IMO

geek :grin2:

Candle Man

Human error is allowed, which all of us have done.

I thought I was at the Veg Wax section when I had posted this and was just brought to my attention as of now by you.

Thank you to all that did give me info with the wicks/soy wax!

:D

I was in no way trying to be ugly. Just letting you know you posted in the wrong section & you would get better help in the Vegetable Wax Candle Making section.

Hope you find the help you need.

Candle Man

I always surf both general and veggie was parts of the board.

I was wicking my 8oz tins with HTP105 wicks using KY125 which is a soy/cottonseed blend. You have to do four or more test burns in this container because hang up seems to catch up futher down because the tin gets hotter....hope this makes sense...

patricia