Any inputs on...Enchanted Lites 100% soy wax container blend.

If you don't get many responses, you might try www.candlesoylutions.com They have a chat board that is all EL Soy. It is a lot slower moving than Candletech, but you should get an answer or dig around in their messages and see what you can find on it. I have not used EL Soy in a couple of years, but had pretty decent results with it, if I remember. But have never tried the Millenium blend.

That is the wax I used when I started making soy candles. At that time I knew nothing about soy other than I loved the candles. I think EL is just typical soy wax - it frosts, sets up lumpy, has the white burn line, etc. To me, the thing that was so frustrating was that the feedback I got from their major supplier and from them was that if there were problems it was the user and not the wax. It was EXTREMELY frustrating and I gave up on soy candles until I found this message board and discovered that all those things are just normal with 100% soy and that one has to experiment with different methodology.

Anyway, because their customer support was what it was, I changed to another manufacturer. It may be different with them now.

Im not much help as I am a pretty new candle maker, but with that said so far I like EL cont. soy. It came highly recommened by my supplier to be mixed with her FO and such. I have noticed though the line after burning and some other things but so far it has not steered me away from the wax. HTH

Im not much help as I am a pretty new candle maker, but with that said so far I like EL cont. soy. It came highly recommened by my supplier to be mixed with her FO and such. I have noticed though the line after burning and some other things but so far it has not steered me away from the wax. HTH

Bruce is the MAN!!!!! As I said before I use this was, as with any wax you have to experiment. I 1st followed the instructions sent with the wax (dont ever do this) and expected perfect candles (NOT). I add my FO at 170 and pour at 100-110 (slushy) this is what works for me in my environment.

I have used their wax for about 2 years. I love it. I can deal with the frosting because it doesn't affect the way the candle burns. I don't use the modifier and I pour when it is really slushy. (I don't check temp.) I can tell that the throw does get better with age. And your cinnamons will cause it to frost more.

I have used their wax for about 2 years. I love it. I can deal with the frosting because it doesn't affect the way the candle burns. I don't use the modifier and I pour when it is really slushy. (I don't check temp.) I can tell that the throw does get better with age. And your cinnamons will cause it to frost more.

Just like a bottle of wine, better with time. I usually let mine cure for 7 days

Kaybee, did you use the El with or without the modifier? I always found Bruce at Enchanted Lites very helpful with customer support.

I did not use the modifier with it, I was testing various waxes at the time and that one for the most part tested pretty well. For me with straight soy, there is nothing a little beeswax can't fix. :D

I use EL 100% soy container & EL votive. Bruce is friendly, quick with responses, and helpful.

Now for the comments on them...

100% container definately benefits from a nice slushy pour (~100F). I don't use additives, dyes, or add other waxes to it. I've gotten compliments on cold and hot throws.

Votive has a nice creamy appearance.

Hope

That's the wax I use and I it does well. I use the container wax and if I want votives and tarts I just add a bit of beeswax. FO throw is like with any other wax some work some not so good. I have found that other then EL's own FOs the other FO lines that work well are CC, BNL, TC and NG.

I don't add color and beeswax is the only thing I add.

I agree Bruce is the man when it comes to helping. :grin2: Just zip him an email.

HTH

I have heard nothing but good reviews from a lot of ppl who use this wax.

Also: I think that it is a testament to the wax that Candle Science chose this as a new item - with all of the other waxes and choices...they chose this.

Something there.

They are only carrying the Millenium Blend :(

• 9 months later...

EL Container wax is excellent. You just have to remember that because it is not a blended or stabalized wax it does have some characteristics to it. I use a couple pallets of EL container in any given month, and can tell you this much. Never stop experimenting.

Bottom line for use though... let the wax cool to at least 110 degrees before pouring. You want it in a slushy state. This will create a smooth top and minimize frosting. As for the frosting itself. Tell people that it is a characteristic of 100% soy candles and is a way to check it. I have no problem selling a candle that has some frosting. If a candle does frost go at it with a heat gun (gently!) and this will fix it up.

Overall this is a very easy pure soy wax to work with and has excellent cold and hot scent throw. now if I could just get the smell out of my hair....

Have a good one.