Wondering if Soy Wax

has a good scent throw as paraffin?I have read that soy doesn't have soot when you burn the candle.Is this true?I have soot on my walls,shower walls,door casings,and my candles don't smoke.When I get though testing a candle the jar is clean,I keep my wicks cut.I don't think it is my heating unit.I just can imagine what someone house looks like if they don't trim their wicks.

Thanks,Anna

My candles I make with KY125 do not soot at all. The jars are clean. I use a used candle as a selling point. scent throw is another animal...If you use soy or a soy/cottonseed blend (which is what the KY125 is) You just have to test. there is a list of FO's you can try on the veggie candle part of the board. I know Peaks have awsome FO's and most of KY's are really good too.

HTH

Patricia

In my experience, any candle can give off soot if not wicked correctly and/or burned correctly. However, I do think soy is cleaner burning in general, as long as the candle's wicked correctly and burned correctly (out of a draft, keep wick trimmed, etc.)

ETA: I get good throw from my soy candles, but it takes a little longer for soy to "get going" and get that scent out into the room sometimes. My paraffin candles seem to zip that scent right out into the room a bit faster. And yes, as was posted before, some scents which will throw great in paraffin refuse to throw in soy. You just have to test. HTH!