How psyched am I?

shell1226

I'm so psyched I can't even see straight (well, you know what I mean :wink2: )

My friend contacted me to do a second fundraiser for his cheering squad to pay for a trip to a competition. He is turning in the orders tonight. Fantastic. I'm thrilled to do it. We both made out pretty decent last year.

Then, one of my customers recently ask me to donate some tarts to a ritzy county club tricky tray. I agreed. Well, alot of the women there are involved in an organization with young girls and they want to do a fundraiser. There are 150+ girls in her town that are part of this organization. I'm am giggly with joy here, kids. Can't tell you how psyched I am!!!

Now, with my friend, it's a small group, so I just give him some wax "chips" in each of the 8 scents to use as sniffies.

How would I do this for 150+ kids? 150 x 8 = 1,200. It would cost way too much to give out wax samples. Any idea?

Maybe you could put wax on a cookie sheet, cut into chunks similar to what you would do to make chunks for a candle. You could cut them larger than for a candle but less than a tart.

Not too sure how to package them though

For Fundraisers, I use the little 1/2 oz condiment cups to pour a little wax in and then cover it with lid. They are cheap and hold the scent well. I give each seller 3 or 4 - not the whole set. This will show the quality of the candle/tart.

Hey bug, great idea...off to buy the 1/2oz cups. I am in the same boat as the original poster...I got a phone call yesterday from an JROTC group in a neighboring city. They have 90 kids!! i am so very excited too.

Congrats on your funraiser!!

Patricia

Maybe you could put wax on a cookie sheet, cut into chunks similar to what you would do to make chunks for a candle. You could cut them larger than for a candle but less than a tart.

Not too sure how to package them though

This is basically what I do for my fundraisers. I buy 1" square ziplocs from Candlemakers store (I think?) and put them in an envelope. It's easy for the kids to carry these little baggies versus souffle cups, IMO. I think it has helped my sales a lot.

My order form has each scent color coded, so it matches the color of the wax chunk but I usually put a label on the ziploc with the scent name also...

I tell ya what I would do. Go to the dollar store and get the pads that you put on the bottom of things that you dont want to scratch up your counters or wood. (What the hell are those things.... brain dead now) They have half inch or one inch round ones on a sheet... bunch of them for a dollar. I have some and use a dropper to put the scent on them and they smell great for a long time. Then you can take them off the backing and since they have sticky on them you can stick them on a sheet, poster board ect with the scent names listed by each pad. I have white or tan ones, dont think I would use the green ones. The ones I use are thick and pretty hard, maybe a 8th inch thick. Bruce