Label size and shape

trisha

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what size and shape labels you would use on an 8oz jj?

I imagine circle, but was also thinking about oval.

Also, my jars are the quilted type. Do you think there will be a problem getting them to stick

Where is a good place to have them printed?

I don't think they will stick to the sides of quilted jelly jars. I use one piece lids and put my warning on the bottom and the scent label on the top...both circles.

By the way, I print my own. Avery Design Pro is a free downloadable label program.

On my smooth sided jelly jars, I put a rectangular label. I do 4 oz. quilted jars as well and on those jars I use a lid label. I think on an 8 oz. quilted, I'd use a lid label, as I don't think you'd get a label to stick on the side of the jar.

Round labels on the lid are best for embossed jars. Fillmore container has the smooth sided jars, if you really want to label the side. You can also do a label on the bottom that has the warning and your company info/scent name. Peak sells these if you want to look and get an idea, but you can print them yourself too. I would go with a 2" or 2.5" round label on the top. Kraft labels look cute on the JJ too.

Round labels on the lid are best for embossed jars. Fillmore container has the smooth sided jars, if you really want to label the side. You can also do a label on the bottom that has the warning and your company info/scent name. Peak sells these if you want to look and get an idea, but you can print them yourself too. I would go with a 2" or 2.5" round label on the top. Kraft labels look cute on the JJ too.

Thanks. I just ordered 200 antique pewter lids from Fillmore.

They have very good prices. I just wish I could order the smooth sided

jars, but I have 120 quilted jj I need to use. Guess I should have

thought ahead. At this rate I'll never make a living off of this:o

What are Kraft labels?

Thanks. I just ordered 200 antique pewter lids from Fillmore.

They have very good prices. I just wish I could order the smooth sided

jars, but I have 120 quilted jj I need to use. Guess I should have

thought ahead. At this rate I'll never make a living off of this:o

What are Kraft labels?

Kraft labels are the brown labels that have a country look to them (look like paper bags, sort of). Do a search for them in here or internet and you'll finds tons of stuff (and pics of what they look like).

Kraft labels are the brown labels that have a country look to them (look like paper bags, sort of). Do a search for them in here or internet and you'll finds tons of stuff (and pics of what they look like).

I appreciate that. I'm having a logo designed right now so I won't need those. I just did the math and I'm paying more for my jj I buy from the grocery store than it would cost for the smooth sided jars from Fillmore including the shipping.

I am kicking myself in the butt right now:angry2:

Wish I found Fillmore sooner