Unimpressed by Scent Works...

donna4909

Everyone was just raving about SW, and how they had never smelled a bad FO from them, so I placed a sniffie order. I got the LLC, Just Ripe Banana, Cucumber Lettuce, Moonlight Honeysuckle, & Tupelo Honey.

And I just have to say ick... The LLC is awesome, it smells like sugary sweet lemon cookies to me. I love it, but the rest get a thumbs down. The banana makes me think of those little fruit shaped candies (runts?), anyway I found it to be unrealistic. Was hoping for a true banana. Cucumber lettuce was not very cucumber-y, and was somewhat sweet... ? Honeysuckle was way to sweet and smelled like it was mixed with some other floral. The Tupelo Honey was just plain awful. No resemblance to honey at all, IMO.

So, anybody want some sniffies? *lol* LLC is hands off though. :D

I don't know.. I've had some fo's that smelled like butt, but in wax or in soap they came "alive" and were fantastic! Drop some in lotion and let it sit a day or two and see what ya see. It's not the same as soap or candles, but will give you a better idea.

I have a 16oz Bottle of Honey FO from Scent Works, and let me tell you .......... it smells like cat pee OOB! But in wax it has a great golden honey scent and in CP it is awesome! I would do like Bunny said and give them a try before you count them out for good. ;) hth

Sniffies are pretty F-ing useless, if you ask me, especially if you're making candles. Better to just go ahead and sample so you can put it into your medium to see how it actually acts. There are a lot I have loved oob, but then they suck and vice versa.

Oh dont buy those vial thingies. You cant really get a good scent out of those. I had them for the malabar and bay rum and was disgusted but the dh wanted them in soap so I bought them and WOW they were so good in soap. Vials dont do them justice seriously.

I have the rosemary-mint from them and it ROCKS in CP soap. I am testing it in my KY125 now and after 1st burn has a really good throw. I put it in a med size BR and closed the door. I had a good throw in about 1.5 hrs.

Patricia

For me, most of the time the oob smell is the same -- it's how it ends up smelling in the wax or soap. But I thought the SW Mango smelled kinda skanky oob. Went ahead and actually soaped it. It smelled soooooo much better in CP! A shocking surprise, but a nice one. LOL