Any suggestions??

Please help before I lose my mind LOL

Tealights....

Darn tealight wicks fall over in the wax...How can i wick these darn things without losing my patience?? Am I pouring my wax too hot?

(pre-blended container wax melted to about 180 using zinc cored tealight wicks)

Thanks

Connie

I pour the wax into the aluminum cups, wait about 2 minutes and then start putting the wicks in, one at a time, and by the time i blink, they are already starting to flop over.....

:(

The only problems I see while burning these, are when the wax completely liquifies, the wick becomes uncentered.

Should I try glue dots for that problem? I know that wont help the falling wicks.

Thanks

Connie

Okay, please understand - I don't make tealights. But, I have been making candles for a little while and do have some modicrum of common sense (though DH would likely disagree, lol).

I think that you may be pouring too hot and those little wicks just can't stand up to the heat. You can try hot-gluing or glue-dotting the wicks in place, although I don't see how that would keep them standing up if they are bending in the middle of the wick. That's why I thought you might be pouring too hot. What is your pouring temp?

Hopefully, someone who is experienced with tealights will chime in . . . :)

Thanks for your suggestions...i really appreciate it.

I pour from my presto pot at about 180 degrees and mix my color/FO and away I go pouring.....

I'm afriad to pour too cool because I seem to get a film starting to form too quickly and then when I place the wick in the cup, it ruins the look...hope that makes sense.

Connie

Thanks for your suggestions...i really appreciate it.

I pour from my presto pot at about 180 degrees and mix my color/FO and away I go pouring.....

I'm afriad to pour too cool because I seem to get a film starting to form too quickly and then when I place the wick in the cup, it ruins the look...hope that makes sense.

Connie

I know what you mean. Sounds like it might be best to adhere the wick to the bottom of the cup and pour much cooler, like around 155-160. I think that would keep the wicks from falling over. :)

I use a little dab of silicone to glue them down. ( In fact I get my 8 yr. old grandson to do it for me and pay him ;) ) If I didn't the wicks would probably be floppin all over the place. CandleWic has a tealight mold that I'm going to get since so many people are lovin the scented tealights and that has to be way easier.