Guess what I am doing...done and need help see my last post

angied

I am in the process of making soap using my new samples of Londen Lemon Curd thanks to Mystic:D I couldnt wait to try it....had to come straight home and after dinner start making soap;) . I will post pics tomorrow after it comes out of the mold. At least making it at night keeping me from wanting to get into it so quick. I will make it and put it to bed till morning. Hopefully my hubby wont catch me sleep walking tonight:tiptoe: LOL

Angie

It is supposed to discolor to a lt. to med. tan color. I colored mine yellow so I am hoping it will be a nice golden yellow, keeping my fingers crossed. The FO is from The Scent Works. I have used it in a sugar scrub as well and man it smells wonderful. I was going to add poppy seeds as well, but forgot about it until it was already in the oven....oh well, maybe next time.

Edited to add: the site says brown color on the soap....so we will see how it does over time.

I am also adding a yellow mica color (thanks to my secret buddy last quarter) I have never really used the mica colors or this scent so this is all new to me:D I have alittle left over that I am going to try in a scrub tomorrow as well, cant wait. Well need to go check it again, I do the crockpot method.

Angie

OK just got done....I dont know about this though it got thick really quick on me and I had to shove it into the mold. First time that has ever happened to me:undecided Well I guess if it doesnt turn out I can rebatch it right? If I do that do I add more scent to it? Well I guess I will find out in the morning.

Angie

I soaped mine (also with LLC) today with a 31% lye solution and superfatted at 4%, and added heavy cream and color at trace before the FO (3/4 oz. pp). Mine was still managable into the mold, it was thick but not too thick. I had plenty of time to settle it into the mold and smooth out the top with a spatula. Now it is resting in the oven. :D