Cargill's Natures Wax C-3

I am thinking of changing to this wax and am interested in getting some opinions. I like the wax I'm using but this wax supposedly can be poured at a higher temperature and that is what I'm looking for. Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I've used C-3 since it came out and I love it because it cand be poured hot. No waiting around for the temp to drop. Generally pour at 170-180- right out of the melter. add color and scent immmediately and pour. If you get venting holes near the wick, hit it with a heat gun or do a second pour. I opt for the second pour. C-3 takes a few days to cure but I love it. Plus I can get it locally so no shipping.

Fire

I love it because it cand be poured hot. No waiting around for the temp to drop. Generally pour at 170-180- right out of the melter. add color and scent immmediately and pour. If you get venting holes near the wick, hit it with a heat gun or do a second pour. I opt for the second pour. C-3 takes a few days to cure but I love it.

Fire

I agree with Fire and Ice!!! It is great being able to pour hot!!!:)

I aslo do a second pour. My tops come out smooth that way and it also fills any holes I may have around the wick!!;)

Not to double-hijack, but where are you guys getting this wax? I am looking to try some soy and soy blends. This one sounds good. I also don't want to have to wait and poor cool. Thanks.

I think you would be pretty close to this company.. So shipping won't be outrageous.

Their prices are the lowest I have found for the C-3 yet.

http://earlyamericancandlesupplies.com/index.asp

Their shipping is fast and the customer service is great.. HTH:wink2:

Not to hijack the thread, but how long do you let it cure before you burn it?

This wax definitely throws better the longer it cures.

BUT, Any FO that I use in my line, will have to have a hot throw in 2 days...

If it does not throw for me in 2 days, I choose not to use that FO...

This is just my testing procedure. I know some people wait a full week before testing. You just have to do whatever works for you..HTH:highfive:

Thanks!

I have been curing them for about 3 days before testing.

If the throw sucks after repeated burns within a 7 day period, I'm getting rid of that FO.

I'm still in the testing stages right now, but i don't wanna have to test the same candle for 3 weeks to find out if it will have throw. I'll just find another FO!:D

early american candle is where i get mine too.. it's close enough that I don't have to pay shipping, just go pick it up!

I think you would be pretty close to this company.. So shipping won't be outrageous.

Their prices are the lowest I have found for the C-3 yet.

http://earlyamericancandlesupplies.com/index.asp

Their shipping is fast and the customer service is great.. HTH:wink2:

Thanks! $40 a case seems extremely reasonable to me. But it looks like they don't have 11 lb slabs for me try. :(

But you gotta figure in shipping.

Well, that is exactly why I refuse to buy from WSP (I've been boycotting for almost a year now). Their shipping prices are outrageous. It's not the shipping really, but the handling fees they charge. There are too many other suppliers out there who don't charge outrageous shipping prices. But I know that some people here have had good luck with them and use them as a regular supplier. Just not me.

Thanks! $40 a case seems extremely reasonable to me. But it looks like they don't have 11 lb slabs for me try. :(

Hey Angela... Maybe you can call and ask them if you could buy a smaller amount. They are really nice there.... C-3 is in flake form too....

Edited to say...

If they don't let you get a smaller amount, email me and I will send you some of mine!!!

Islandgirl

Hey Angela... Maybe you can call and ask them if you could buy a smaller amount. They are really nice there.... C-3 is in flake form too....

Edited to say...

If they don't let you get a smaller amount, email me and I will send you some of mine!!!

Islandgirl

Thanks! I found this wax at Candlescience (which is pretty close to me) and they have sample sizes of it as well as Ecosoya CB Adv. I think I'll try both.

Also, I just posted in this section requesting some info on this and other soy waxes, so if you have anything to say about soy waxes, please let me know. I really appreciate the help!! :grin2: