Palm Pillar Burn pics

Very strange how it split at the top.

I'd love to see a pix of the lit candle from the side to see how it glows, if isn't too late.

Sorry but it is too late but take my word for it, it does glow-it looks very pretty.

As far as the lines on the candle, I'm not so sure that it has anything to do with the way it burned or flared as my straight palm wax pillars burn and flare the same.

Sometimes my DH breaks off pieces and adds them to the melt pool. I like to let it burn all the way down then I remelt and repour either into another candle and/or tarts.

Thanks for all the responses-

I used to make palm pillars about a year or two ago...and that is an excellent result. You've wicked it to the point that very little wax is wasted, yet didn't experience a blow out...so be proud of yourself. What I used to do is trim the candle down when it got to the point of flowering out like that. It trims very easily and can be brought back to a near perfect state. I do understand that some people really enjoy the soft glow of the flame deep within the candle, I prefer to see the flame. So it all depends on what you're preference is. I think you did a great job. :wink2:

I have had several palm pillars do that at the top, particulary the 4" dia. that usually leaves a thicker shell and I'm not sure why only some of them do it??? Instead of wicking down you might try wicking up one size but like Fern said you are pretty close since you have a shell and no blowout. My friend that I give a lot of candles to says she thinks it looks really cool when it splits at the top like that. What size/type wick are you using?

I have had several palm pillars do that at the top, particulary the 4" dia. that usually leaves a thicker shell and I'm not sure why only some of them do it??? Instead of wicking down you might try wicking up one size but like Fern said you are pretty close since you have a shell and no blowout. My friend that I give a lot of candles to says she thinks it looks really cool when it splits at the top like that. What size/type wick are you using?

Hi Sheila and Fern,

I too think this is a good burn. I'd rather have it flare out than cave in! I use 45 raw wick with this particular candle.

Thanks to everyone for their input!

Lori:D

• 1 month later...

I work with IGI4625 preblend paraffin and I have had 2 candles that split kinda like that..only mine split all the way down..as the candle burned down. Split on opposite sides...made one for a friend who sent me a picture cuz she had never seen anything like it,:shocked2: either. I am not sure what causes it. I have only had one other candle do the same.

Hi,,I use IGI-4625 and NONE of my candles do that. If it is happening to you Scentsibility you need to wick up,,,in a 3x6.5 round I use 24ply flat braid. It self consumes as it burnes. I do "hug" my pillars too.

I like the palm pillar wax but I think I would wick up and see what happens. I also like the shell effect.

I love the Palm "feathering" one pour, votive/Pillar wax from www.nuscentscandles.com For a 3x6.5 round I use a 36ply flat Braid.