Tealight wicks

Hi

From looking at wick suppliers' websites, it seems that they all carry hunderds of wicks, and one tealight wick.
:confused:
As I'm aiming to produce all-vegetable candles, I've found that these don't burn well in soy wax. Does anyone out there know where I can get a wick for soy tealights? (preferably one primed with a vegetable wax)

TIA, john

Candlescience carries a series of wicks called the TL series. These are meant for tealights. I have personally found the best in my wax is the 700 primier series from Wickit. This subject has been talked about a couple of times on here so if you do a search you'll find out what some of the other people are using too.

I just got done testing tealights with 100% soy wax from Mill Creekand actually got the best burn from an HTP 52. At first I thought it seemed big but it's a perfect flame and it burned 4 - 5 hours. When I used KY votive/pillar blend I got away with a HTP 31. And I don't use any fo or dye in tealights.

Hi John,

What type of soy wax are you using as all soys are different in their own way of burn characteristics. In a EL Millenium soy wax, I found that the S330's and the S430's didn't work at all for me. The ECO1 in Millinium also has an enormous flame height. Now the ECO1 and the 18-342T wicking works well in the EcoSoy CB Advanced. Or you can even try the 18-342-T in the millenium soy.

HTH Ya :D

Hi John,

..........the 18-342T wicking works well in the EcoSoy CB Advanced. Or you can even try the 18-342-T in the millenium soy.

HTH Ya :D

I'll second that motion!! :D I've poured over 1500 of these little buggars... and tested a few hundred, and the 18-342T wick works the best for me in the CB Advanced.:)

Hi John,

I used to get my CD-3 tealight wicks primed with soy from Soy Classic Candle, but they raised their prices. I couldn't find anywhere else that sold tealight wicks primed with veggie wax. I ended up getting a spool of CD-3 wicking, some wick tabs, and priming my own wicks with a soy pillar wax. They are kind of labor intensive to make, but you save a LOT of money, and I found that they actually work better. I think the melt point of the wax on the wicks I used to use was too low. The wicks were always falling over in the tealights before they hardened. The ones I made work great. Depending on the soy wax you are using, you might want to go with a CD-4. I can send you a few of my wicks for testing if you would like, so you can see how the CD-3s work. Just PM me.

Thanks,

Margie

Hi

From looking at wick suppliers' websites, it seems that they all carry hunderds of wicks, and one tealight wick.
:confused:
As I'm aiming to produce all-vegetable candles, I've found that these don't burn well in soy wax. Does anyone out there know where I can get a wick for soy tealights? (preferably one primed with a vegetable wax)

TIA, john

Hi John,

Try candlewic, they do have beeswax coated wicking and you can build your own wick.

http://www.candlewic.com/store/WickBuilder.aspx