melt and pour recipe problem

dleonard

Hello:

I tried a new recipe this weekend (goat's milk base, oatmeal, whean bran, shea butter and few drop of kiwi) soap smell beautiful, latters well, the only problem is theirs bubbles on the soap. I had to stir for awhile because I wanted the oatmeal to suspend in the soap. why the bubbles and how can I correct this. please advise and thank you :wink2:

you need to spray the soap with alcohol when it is still liquid after pouring into molds.

Right, now to correct the soap you have trying taking a knife and gently rubbing over the bubble to smooth out (the flat side of the knife)

Yes soap was still wet.................Thanks for all the good advise, I'm making more this weekend........:wink2:

I'm having difficulty getting the oatmeal to suspend, It's mostly on top?? any suggestions?? I tried to stir for a while, but still ends up at top, or should I say at the bottom of the mold.:tongue2:

thanks

Yes soap was still wet.................Thanks for all the good advise, I'm making more this weekend........:wink2:

I'm having difficulty getting the oatmeal to suspend, It's mostly on top?? any suggestions?? I tried to stir for a while, but still ends up at top, or should I say at the bottom of the mold.:tongue2:

thanks

You have to stir the soap until it is like "thick oatmeal" and then pour, it will be thick but will remain suspended, then spray right away.

Rubbing the bubbles with a damp cloth is a great idea