wick pins

I got my wick pins from Peaks Fri.:D ! My candles look so much more professional.Didn`t know which way to do the top of the candle though.Is it better to pull the wick pin out after the candle has set up, then do second pour? Or do second pour with wick pin ,pull out after set up and stick a wick in there? I`ve thought about using a hot iron shillet and melt the bottom just a second to seal the wick tab. So what do you think looks the best way? Thanks, Janice

You could also do the repour after unmolding. If your wick pin was on the outside of the mold, remove it and slide the pillar out of the mold. Then re-insert the pin to keep the hole open while doing the repour. (If you insert a wick instead of the pin, the wick will be smaller than the wick hole and hot wax can run out the bottom.)

There's two reasons why you might want to do the repour after unmolding:

1) The candle cooled so much it pulled away from the mold, and you don't want to risk having the repour wax get down between the two and ruin the surface.

2) You're not sure the candle came out right, and you don't want to go to the trouble of a repour on a fugly that will get remelted anyway.