Looking for Chocolate Covered Strawberries

itsmejeffd

Who has the best (most authentic) Chocolate covered strawberries FO?

I have been playing around with mixing combinations of Strawberry, Strawberry Jam, Chocolate Truffle and Hot Cocoa in varying proportions.

I think the problem is that each oil has a different weight. The lighter one will float to the top so the candle will smell more like that at the beginning and more like the heavier one toward the end. This is just a theory so far because I haven't burned them enough to verify this.

I've seen that a couple of places carry the FO but was hoping for some reviews from some people who have tried them.

TIA

here's a recipe

strawberry jam from millcreek

chocolate kisses from millcreek

mix equal parts

wonderful

and no if one oil is heavyier it will not sink or float in your candle, just be sure you add at the right temp for your wax.

• 1 year later...

Have any of you made candles from 'Chocolate Covered Strawberry' from www.thecandlesource.com ? I make votives, usually with IGI 4794 wax. I was wondering if I should go ahead and wick up from the very beginning because of how dark yellow this is? Is that indicative of a heavier fragrance? And I've never poured a chocolate fragrance so I don't know if it's common to wick up/down or whatever for those FOs.

Darbla

• 2 weeks later...
Have any of you made candles from 'Chocolate Covered Strawberry' from www.thecandlesource.com ? I make votives, usually with IGI 4794 wax. I was wondering if I should go ahead and wick up from the very beginning because of how dark yellow this is? Is that indicative of a heavier fragrance? And I've never poured a chocolate fragrance so I don't know if it's common to wick up/down or whatever for those FOs.

Darbla

Reporting back:

'Chocolate Covered Strawberry' from Candle Source is GREAT in IGI 4794 votives with LX12 wicks. The more I worked with it the more it grew on me, and the better it developed in the wax. I burned my testers the very next day and got many positive comments at work, and my best friend snatched up 10 of the votives for herself. She loves them and is asking me to keep this on hand, and she took some of the FO to add a few drops at a time to her bath water.

Mouth-watering good fragrance, no obvious fakey plasticky notes, more chocolate than strawberry. I may try this in bath & body stuff after the couple hundred other FOs that are ahead of it.

Darbla

I just joined so reading old post. Anyway, I make chocolate covered strawberries using BCN's strawberry jam and hot fudge brownie. Smells very real. The spa that buys my candles actually is doing chocolate covered strawberry pedicures this month to match my candles and also giving away votives. Of course, she had to locate body safe fo's as the ones I use weren't...

• 3 weeks later...

.... more chocolate than strawberry.

Darbla

I have to amend this: now that the candles have cured awhile, the strawberry is coming out much more and it is even better. To begin with I smelled almost all chocolate, but now the fruitiness of the strawberry is really coming out. These things really do evolve over a period of time.

Darbla