Crabapple Soap resolution....

Update:

Since the owner of Crabapple Soap never came forward during the 10 days the case was open, paypal decided to settle the dispute in my favor!!!! They are going to refund the whole amount of $111.70!!!! :yay:

Although, I'm happy I'm upset because of all the others that never received their product or their money. That is why I am hoping that the area police can do something to stop this company from misleading others. As I continue this case with the area police, I'll continue to let you know of the updates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am furious!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I bought some items from crabapplesoap.com on Feb. 10th worth over 100 bucks, paid via paypal.

Well one week goes by and I get nervous, because I haven't received a response regarding an estimated delivery time, although the site does say it can take 10 days for orders with customized wooden molds. So I took that into consideration, but then 2 weeks go, and then 3. So now I'm fuming!!!!! I decide to email the company, even the paypal addy, and I receive no answer in return. I tried this on 4 occasions. I eventually find a number on the site, and it's changed to new number, which is not in service!!!! :mad: :mad:

My total came close to $112.00, what would you do, or have you done business in the past with this company? The website seems like a valid website, but I was surely decieved. :( I really feel stupid for not searching to see if this was a reputable company, I have even mentioned this site to others about how nice a cp set they had...I truly apologize...I feel really bad!!!:embarasse

*Sorry for the venting, just had to let my frustration out*

There might be others who bought from there before, maybe you could add the company name to the title of this thread to catch their attention. The reason I'm thinking this, is because not too long back, there was a discussion on whether it's better to buy a CP kit or to buy the ingredients and equipment individually yourself. I think this company was one of the names that came up when we were discussing various CP kits.

Check out the B&B section of this board~There was a discusion on them before.

I bought from them well over a year ago. It took me almost a month to get my items. I was a little miffed with the time it took for me to get my order but I got it. I believe it you read there shipping policies it says that it could take up two weeks but I believe others have had to wait a long time, or haven't recieved there stuff.

I am so sorry that this happened to you but I think you are doing the right things by filing a complaint. Hopefully there will be money in crabapples account to refund back to you. Because I am under the understanding if the money isn't there you won't get the refund and they (paypal) will suspend their account. Good luck and keep us posted. I would love to hear how this turns out.

Hopefully, something comes out of this, I just figured since I didn't stay so far away, I would get it sooner than later, kwim? I really just wanted some sort of communication as to when I could expect it, if I was told it was going to be late I could understand that, but not hearing from them irks me. I guess some individuals just don't believe in good customer service. I will let you know the results of the complaint, I should know something by Tuesday, as that is the deadline.

Hopefully, something comes out of this, I just figured since I didn't stay so far away, I would get it sooner than later, kwim? I really just wanted some sort of communication as to when I could expect it, if I was told it was going to be late I could understand that, but not hearing from them irks me. I guess some individuals just don't believe in good customer service. I will let you know the results of the complaint, I should know something by Tuesday, as that is the deadline.

Hi Cozy I too live in Lithonia, Ga and I have ordered from this company before, thinking that I woul get my order faster, since we were in the same state, any way It didn't happened that way I got my order in about 2 weeks. I begiinning to realize that sometimes I get my orders faster from companies thats in another state, than the ones I'm close to, just goes to show.

Anway I hope you get this resolved soon.

Angela

About a year ago there were some complaints about this company on another board. Last summer I was going to place an order but decided to email her first. She had told me that she had some medical problems and that is why people had been complaining because she was slow to ship. She told me she was back up and running and orders were being sent withing 2-4 days. So I ordered and got my order a week later. I guess I was just lucky. Someone else I know ordered several months ago and never did get her order. She filed with her CC company and BBB. I hope your order arrives soon. Please keep us posted.

Cozy, I am sorry you are having trouble with this company. Last year I placed a small order with them and never received it. I tried to contact them through email and a phone number that was on my cc statement. They never answered my email and the phone was either busy or an answering machine picked up. 6 weeks later I called my cc company and had the charge taken off. This was the first and hopefully last company that I have ever had trouble with.

I ordered in september of last year and never got my order. Paypal found in my favor but Jenny(the owner) of the site is smart and she changes her paypal address every once in a while so I didn't get a refund. I don't understand how she can continue to rip people off for this length of time. If you check out the BBB site there are complaints there on her too. She did reply to me in October and said she would refund my money.. what a joke, of coarse she never responded again.

So have you heard anything yet?

Not yet, but I have met others who've had dealings with her in the past from another local forum of soap and candlemakers in Georgia. My last resort is to file a police report within her district, because paying for items, and not receiving them I think would be internet fraud, especially if it's a functional website. That would be stealing, so I am going to check with them tomorrow, and see what happens. In the meantime I'm waiting for papal's response. I really hate doing things like this, but I've given them ample time to respond as well as try to work our some type of agreement. The money was taken out of my account and I have no merchandise, and it's been almost a month.

Oh yea, I have never ordered from her but many people at the Dish (the forum I am at most) have had bad experiences with her and there is at least one thread that I know of about her screwing people over. About a month or two ago I was trying to sell some of my molds and stuff on craiglist and put up a link to my photobucket which has my name misscrabapple on it. Wouldn't you know two people emailed me asking if I was the owner of crabapple soaps ( I am not affiliated with them at all, and I was a Crabapple first) telling me they had problems with orders and trying to get in touch with the company. I thought man she is screwing people all over the US this one.:angry2: I hope you can resolve it in your favor.