Veggie Or animal?

CranberryGirl

hehe..Ok I know..almost time to shut up! :D

I have made both types of bars so far and I love my animal soaps! The veggie..is good and bubbles good..

Can't u make and sell both types? How would you be able to Market both types on the same Table?

How do I explain to my non soaper testers what the difference is? I am really having a blast with this..And someday down the road i want to sell my soaps with my M&P..but just trying to figure out u know..how to explain it all..I keep dreaming of a label to separate things..and what pops in my head is a plant and a pig! Not very attractive!

LOLLOLOLOL!!

I guess first what i am asking is when i am ready to start doing testers i want to include labels and a short write up..But i want to be able to separate the two types somehow..

any ideas would be great!!!

TIA!

Personally, I loves me some piggie soap. :D

I'm honestly not sure about this one. I'm sure that people that are anti-piggie will search out to find a non animal product, but personally, I never have. I'm curious to see what everyone has to say about how they separate the two. My base recipe has the farm in it... and I like it that way.

I must be the odd one. I don't market my soap as all veggie or no animal. I make sure that I have the ingredients on the label. Most customers will pick them up and read thru that labels.

I haven't had one person tell me eeewww lard. All of my testers love my lard soaps. I do too. They are by far one of my fastest curers.

I think that a lot of it has to do with your area.

When I first started making and then selling soap I made it with lard. It was easily available at the grocery store and made for a hard bar of soap.

Now, several years later with research under my belt and really changing my lifestyle I make all organic animal-free soaps.

My business really took off when I eliminated the animal fats. Plus, unless you are using deodorized lard you often have to use more FO or EO to cover up the scent.

Again- I think that it is preference, who your customers are, and what you are in to.

HTH.

Hi,

Most people around here don't care if it's ao or vo BUT I do get one every now and then that wants all veggie so I do make them both ways.Not all of my fo's (which I haven't noticed having to use more when using lard) just a few...like OMH,Love Spell....the more popular ones.