Wax Suggestions

I have been using CBA for a few months now and am not able to get a decent hot or cold throw. You have to hold your nose over the jar and whiff until you pass out to be able to even smell the scent. I keep throwing money at the stuff and not having much luck with it. I have decided to change to some other type of soy wax and am looking for some suggestions??

Thanks

Hi! I have tried the CBA, too, and had the same problems with the scent throw. I ordered some of Greenleaf's new 70/30 container blend which I found has the best hot and cold throw of any wax I've tried so far. I only had to use 1 oz. per pound of wax to get a great throw with this. They don't have any on hand right now, but are expecting a new shipment around February 28. The web address is: http://www.greenleafcandlesupply.com/index.html

They also carry some great fragrance oils that work just great in their new wax. Hope this helps you out.

:)

Hmmm....I'm a CBA user too. I like it the best out of all the waxes I've tried. What kind of FO's are you using?? I always had a good hot & cold throw, as long as I was using a top quality FO.

Just asking, and as we know-- we all have different results with the same things.

I am learning quickly about "the joy of soy"...lol

If you'd like to try a different wax, may I suggest that you see what is available the closest to you (shipping costs). That way you are not spending a fortune on testing.

I was a CBA user for quite some time. I couldn't take not getting any throw. So now I've been using the Strahl and Pitsch smooth blends. They have an awesome throw and set up even smoother than CBA. This wax is far from perfect, like any other wax, you just have to learn to get around the imperfections. All of them have something about them that is hard to handle. I'm still learning but it kicks CBA s butt. I haven't found too many scents that don't throw in this wax.

Here is the website if you want to call them for a free sample.

http://www.spwax.com/datasht.htm

Thanks Grandmaskitchen for the help. I will look into this wax. BTW I like your user name :)

Iammommytoo i do agree with you about the CBA. I like everything about it but the throw. It is smooth as silk and a nice looking wax. I can get it from a supplier that is pretty close to me and that is was is so frustrating about it. I have been using Peaks fo at about 1.5 to 1.75 % pp. I have tried their Cappuccion Hazelnut, Cinnamon Buns, Sugar Cookie and Banana Nut Bread. The last one I just poured a couple of days ago so I haven't tested it yet. I also purchased Dreamcycle (?) from Candlescience and made a couple with that fo at the same time so I will have to wait a week or so to test those. I have tried pouring at different temps, different wicks, heating the jars, not heating the jars on and on... My first candle kit came from MC and that got me hooked on the whole candle thing to start with. Those candles were a knock out as far as the throws but the wax just wasn't as nice imo. Do you think maybe I should try a different fo supplier? I am still going to order some different type of wax if nothing else but to make me feel like I am making a step forward.

Soya I have been watching your posts trying to learn from your experience but I as you can see I haven't had much luck so far.

Thanks gals all for the links and the input. It is all very, very helpful :D