Candle Supplies online

I'm a newbie and I am wondering where there is good places to buy candle supplies online. I am making up a price comparison sheet and I have Peak, Cierra, Lonestar, and Candlewic already...any other good suggestions? :confused: Since I have to buy everything I need to start, prices are a priority, but quality is important also...look forward to hearing from people who've bought candle supplies before!

My biggest suggestion to you is to not forget to consider shipping. Shipping from multiple suppliers and from suppliers who are further away from you increases your cost. Plus try to get what you need in as few shipments as possible. I spent a ton on shipping because I'd forget something that I just HAD to have and would order it alone.

Having said that, I buy most of my heavy stuff from a supplier that is close to me...Lonestar. The only thing I have been disappointed in was their glue dots. They just didn't hold when I poured hot wax, but they promptly refunded my money when I explained and returned them. Their FO's are good basic ones, but I'm finding I LOVE Just Scents, KY, and Peaks SO MUCH!!!

~Heather~

Like Heather said, try to find the heavy stuff like wax near you. If you can pick it up, all the better. Wax, wicks, containers and other accessories will all be pretty comparable wherever you get them so price and shipping should be the main considerations. When it comes to FO, quality is the main concern. Everyone on this board will have their favorite suppliers and the list will become long. My personal preference is Just Scent followed by Peak.

Also remember that what works for some people doesn't always mean it will work for you with your combination of wax, wick & FO.

IMHO

You may want to also check on Candlescience.com. I do all my ordering from them. They have a big selection on wax, FO. I dont know about shipping as I live 5 minutes away from them and pick up. THey are in NC, but worth a shot to see how much shipping is. I have ordered from Cierra before. They always have the free shipping upto 30 pounds with $99 order, but I wasnt impressed with the FO they offer. Some were very weak. Peaks has alot of FO if you are into certain FO's then you may want to try them out. Just shop around.

Hey thanks everyone. I'm finding that I like a lot of the sites that were suggested better than some of the ones I had been looking at before. Some of them have good shipping deals with bulk orders, and since that is what I am probably going to do, it will work in my favor even from a distance. Thanks again...and I hope if more people have suggestions, that they post those also. I'm getting so excited to get started!!!!!

Hey thanks everyone. I'm finding that I like a lot of the sites that were suggested better than some of the ones I had been looking at before. Some of them have good shipping deals with bulk orders, and since that is what I am probably going to do, it will work in my favor even from a distance. Thanks again...and I hope if more people have suggestions, that they post those also. I'm getting so excited to get started!!!!!

Bulk orders are absolutely the way to go once you figure out what you're going to be using. I would suggest trying smaller orders of different waxes first. It might cost a little more per pound at first but I'd rather be stuck with a 10# slab of wax that I didn't like than a full 50-60# case. I tried 4 different waxes before I settled on one and that was lucky. Some people on this board have gone through many more than that. I only do container candles so far but once I decide to go into pillars and votives, I'll be going through the whole process again.

Good luck to you.