Pouring 1 vs pouring 4 at a time

ebarnes

Not at all unless you start getting candle nose.

Well tonight I burned a Van Hazelnut from a batch I made 1 week ago. Its really light compared to when I make a single candle. Im using less dye also, call me crazy but my darker candle burn better or should I say are stronger.

Come on ppl. Thats why we make small batches. So everything is the same throughout.

I thought 3-4 pounds WAS a small batch. I can't think when I've made just one candle at a time, even for testing. I don't trust my scale with increments small enough for that because sometimes when I've poured a small amount in, it doesn't register until it gets up to about 0.3 ounces. I think it's accurate to +/- 2-3 tenths of an ounce, but I'm afraid to believe it on tiny batches! Guess I need to invest in a better scale!

Jane

If you measure correctly, pouring one candle will look and smell the same as pouring a batch (of any quantity). That's why it's important to be very precise in writing down the ratio of wax/FO/dye that you use for each candle you make. There is no need to pour in small batches to maintain a consistent product. That's just a waste of time.