Why are Aroma Beads so expensive/ What are they?

What is expensive to you? I get mine from BCN. They sell bulk in 10 lbs. for $3.25 a lb. or 50 lbs. which will bring it down to $2.75 a lb. I've done minimal research on them, but I don't recall seeing them for too much lower, maybe a quarter (if you were to buy large bulk).

I guess I am just spoiled with the crushed corn cob price.

I can buy a 40 lb. bag at my local Co-op for $10.00

I have not tested the Aroma Beads to see how good they are.

How much stonger are the aroma beads verses other air freshener materials?

I will just have to order me a sample.

Thanks for your input!

What is expensive to you? I get mine from BCN. They sell bulk in 10 lbs. for $3.25 a lb. or 50 lbs. which will bring it down to $2.75 a lb. I've done minimal research on them, but I don't recall seeing them for too much lower, maybe a quarter (if you were to buy large bulk).

So, in terms of 40 lbs. buying in 10 lb. incriments, it would only be $13.00. Hmmm. not that much more expensive.(not trying to be rude) Maybe you should try them and see what you like better.

I purchase mine already scented from WSP and love it. All I do is put in sachet bag. I sell my sachets for $3.50 each and get about 30 out of a bag that costs me 10.00. When all is said and done including sachet bag, plastic bag and label, I make about $80.00 on 30 sachets Which is about about 2.70 on each sachet. I could make more $$$ if I bought the unscented ones, but I just don't want to make them. To me, this is easier.

Sorry, I will get off my soap box now.

Terri

So, in terms of 40 lbs. buying in 10 lb. incriments, it would only be $13.00. Hmmm. not that much more expensive.(not trying to be rude) Maybe you should try them and see what you like better.

I'm not following your math here.

3.25/lb. x 10 lbs = 32.50 for 10 lbs.

40 lbs. 32.50 x 4 = 130.00.

She was buying 40 lbs of corncob for 10 bucks, a bit less.:undecided

People like the aroma beads to make ornies too, something you can't with corn cob.

As far as bags go, corn cobs alone just doesn't cut it for me. The scent doesn't last long, but if you want the cheap way hey go for it.

There are so much more you can do with the beads, color them put them in bags or jars with daisy lids, make beautiful ornies.

Like everything else it's a matter of taste and preference

Good luck with whatever you do

Hello,

Does anyone have a recipe they are willing to share for the aroma beads?

How much fragrance oil would I use if I wanted to scent the whole 1lb bag of beads Lavender?

Mary

People probably do differently but I usually start at .5oz fo per 4 oz of beads with 2 drops of color. (If I'm making sachet bags I add 2 oz rock salt and another teaspoon of fo) Stir and shake periodically, if I feel the scent isn't enough then I'll add more to my taste. I like um strong. It absorves usually 2-4 days for me. I've never done 1 lb at a time you'd really have to make sure that you get the scent to absorve in all the beads, unless you split it in 2 bottles. 8 oz ea.

Lavender is a strong scent so I'd start with a little fo and work my way up.

hawaiinsun,

I do appreciate you trying to help. I am terrible when it comes to figuring out measurements! If it's not 1oz or .5oz or something easy I get all confused!

Mary

IF you are not good at math you will be once you do this enough. I sucked at it and now I am a regular mathematician. Get yourself a measurement conversion chart that does Pounds, Grams, OZ, #, Tsp, Etc. You will need. I do not know how new you are to candle making, but learning your % and stuff is a MUST in this craft.

edited because the "mathematician cannot spell"