yet another goat's milk in cp question.

guppygirl

OK, I'm ready to cp with goat's milk (I think!) I've decided on how I want to incorporate it etc and have been doing lots of reading. SharoninKY let me try a bar of GM cp that she made a while ago & I LOVE the feel, but it was a very caramely color.

So my question is, will soap made with GM always discolor? Any way to prevent it?

TIA!

With using real goat's milk, I have a hard time keeping it light. It always turns creamy/brownish. I always seem to 'burn' it a little when mixing it with the lye.

I can keep it very light cream color, however, by using powdered goat's milk added at trace.

The best way to prevent it is by first freezing you preweighed gm first. Once it's frozen add your lye to it slowly.

The other way is by not letting it go through gel. Now, there is a way for your soaps to gel without getting dark, but I haven't done it yet. I'll have to look up my notes to see about it.

:)

Oooo, Janis, that's so pretty! Thanks for posting that pic. That's decided it for me - I'm gonna go with the frozen milk - not sure why, but that's how I wanted to do it. When the recipe talks to ya, you gotta listen.

It's so funny, I just got that same stamp! OK, I gotta know - how do you get it red in those areas? Are you just dusting with micas or something?

Great idea, thanks for the tip! I'll definitely give it a try & post pics. I've been looking around the house for anything I could use as stamps since I got that one. I have a sweater with some really heavy pewter type heart shaped buttons I was thinking of using!