J-50 users

Hello everyone.

Im new to this board, but had to ask if anyone on this board has been having problems with J-50 since IGI took over Astorlite? We got a new shipment last month and we have been having complaints about scent throw and melt pools. We are going back over all of our notes to see if we made a mistake, but dont think so. Also have talked to others that use J-50 on a different board and we are hearing the same. Just wondering if this is just a fluke or if they are changing something.

Ron

Alluring Innoscents Candle Co.

I got two new cases about a month ago. I've finished one case (which I used mostly for testing) and I haven't noticed any difference in mine. I buy from Candles and Supplies. But I have heard from other people who have had problems with the new batches. Hope you get it cleared up.

I've been hearing about lots of problems with that wax since IGI took it over. If you go over to some of the other boards, there are some pretty long rants about it. Seems there are many people complaining about it. I know that BCN and IGI both are claiming "nothing has changed". I can't believe that all these people are wrong....

Is it only the J 50? I have been posting about my problems with the J300 (I've never used it before this past week) and I was wondering if something was wrong with this wax? (I have to top off and it just seems to look "stranger" ,than when I top off the J223 that I always use).

I'm not new to candle making and really wondered to myself if the Astorlite waxes are now different in some way.

Hmm!

The J50 has been a problem from since before I started making candles over 4 years ago now. If it isn't one thing with that wax it is another. That is the main reason I switched waxes, not that they can't all have their problems but the J50 has had ALOT of them in recent years.

I've used J50 for over 2.5 years with no problems at all. Strange how things work differently for everyone.

Hi again ,

I just got off the phone with my J-50 supplier and was told the following. There is a spec window that the wax has to be in for it to considered good. Say 1 - 10. 1 being the softest and 10 being the hardest for a certain wax. In this case we are talking about J-50. I called them with my batch # and they said that my batch was sent out with the highest # possible for it to be good. I dont know what they call good, but if im going to have to add stuff to get it to burn right, why do I buy a pre-blend? My supplier asked them what they think we should do about the problems, and they simply said to wick up. Wow, why didnt I think of that? I guess us little ppl dont matter . We start looking for a new wax TODAY.