problems with mixing lye

Spellkast

I've only made CP a few times- but this hasn't happened before. I went to mix my lye with my water, and the stuff wouldn't mix!!! It was two different brands (1.75 oz. of red devil, and 3 oz. of roebic) and it seemed like some of it mixed, and probably about half just settled at the bottom of the glass. Has this happened to anyone? I hit it with my mixer even and it still wouldn't blend together. And also, usually, once I add the lye, it takes about 25 minutes for the temp to go down to around 150. I checked on it not even ten minutes after I mixed it and it was at 125 already. I'm scared to even use it, thinking there will be bits of unmixed lye dispersed throughout my soap (which can NOT be safe!!!) HELP!! :( I'm about ready to give up on this CP crap..yeah right

Well, I tried a new batch last night (All roebic) and it worked just fine...And don't worry Robin :) I read your tutorial, and added way more than 4.75 oz. of water :tongue2: So I really have NO idea what went wrong there!! I can't find anywhere on the container though, where it says if it's 100% lye or not. But it seemed to work the past two times, so I'm hoping it is 100%...what else could it be?