Free Samples

Ashlie K

I dont know if this is the place to put this thread but here goes.

This site offers 2, 4, and 8oz free samples of such things like preservatives, skin care, oral care, even food ingredients.

All you have to do is register and then request samples.

And the best part is that this is completely free, you dont even pay shipping on these free samples.

http://www.ispcorp.com/index.html

I'm currently trying to get samples from them and it's like pulling teeth. I sent the request in, and got an e-mail saying:

Thank you for your interest in ISP and our products. Your request for samples has been reviewed through our screening procedures. We are currently unable to fulfill this request based on insufficient information and require additional information.

At your convenience, please contact me at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

If we do not hear from you within 3 business days your request will automatically be deleted from our system.

And I have called them for the past 4 days. No answer. I even left a message, and they never called back. I finally got an answer today, and I still don't even know if they're sending the samples. The woman said that she'd look into it, and if there was a problem, she'd call me back this evening. Ugh... All this for 3 small samples?!

Ok, I registered, which btw was a PITA, since their website is all scrambled looking with words overlapping other words etc.

then I go to this other screen that everything is overlapping and I can't read it enough to figure out where I'm supposed to put the samples that I want. Do I just call them or is there really an online request form???

They no longer do samples?! The lady on the phone told me this whole sample thing was a new program. What the... ? I placed my sample order online, and also gave them the business name.

She told me they only sell directly in 25 kilos, but they do repackage in smaller amounts for other companies to sell. She also asked what I'd be using it for, who do I normally buy supplies from, yadda, yadda.

I guess I won't be getting any samples either. Kinda pisses me off... I registered & requested them last week.

Well, if they stopped the samples it's probably because they were bombarded by a rash of requests once you made your post. Although some people replied to your post, how many do you think read it and went straight to the site and ordered? Ninety-eight people viewed your post and only 7 made a response.

Thanks to people who ask for samples even though they don't know what they're for, or how to use them, many companies are cutting back, limiting, or eliminating free samples.

That could very well be true, Carol. She sounded quite confused when I called, and didn't speak very good English. Perhaps she was new?

Anyway, I didn't receive a call back this evening, so I guess I can assume all is well. But then again, someone else said they have stopped sending samples know. I just wonder if they will honor previous requests.

Ditto! I recently tried to get a sample of another product and got the same email as above. I called her and she asked me the same questions (what was I using it in, what kind of volume I sold and that they only sold in 25 kilos). She then asked me if I would be purchasing in kilo's. I told her at this point I simply want to try your product and then I'll decide what kind of quantity I needed. She said once I decided the quantity I needed to call her back and she'd send a sample. Needless to say, I didn't call her back.

Well I called this morning and after a few minutes of answering their questions and explaining that the reason of my asking for a sample is to TEST it in products, she said I would be getting the sample in the mail.

she was explaining the purpose of the sample and I told her that I wasnt going to buy 20-25 kilos of something I havent tried and perfected in my applications and possibly not like or the testing process isnt what I was looking for and that a sample a few items will narrow my decision to just 1 item and possibly a sale of such item.

well lets see if I get the samples in the mail....

Oh and she also said they reserve the right to either send the samples to people or not.

We had a discussion about that.

So I shall sit down and hold my breath for this sample...NOT lol

I tried passing something along and didnt know that these people would be so unprofessional about it.

I had to come here and do an update...

I check my email this morning and low and behold I find an email where it states the day of delivery for the sample.

I get the sample today in the mail...It wasnt the 8 oz sample as they said but I was happy to get the 4oz bottle none the less.