Shipping

Gretchen

I ended up spending some time with a woman the other day who works for the post office. We got to talking about shipping. She said the post office will now come to your house/business to pick up items for shipping; even if it's many boxes. She said you do everything online; print the postage and request the pick-up, and there's no additional fees. She said they even pay the drivers a premium for the pick-up; kind of a perk for the extra work I guess. She said they are trying to become more competitive with the other shippers. Oh, and she said their rates tend to be better than the others. Anyone using the post office?

Gretchen

I use USPS and have them pick up my boxes. It's so nice and easy. The mailman comes to pick it up when he delivers the mail so I always know when to expect him. And with the Flat Rate priority boxes, they get there much quicker than sending UPS. So far I haven't had any problems with the post office like I've had with UPS and FEDEX.

I would love to be able to do that, but they don't scan them when they picl them up.

:(

I drive mine to a different town now that I have the warehouse, but I really liked my little post office, no lines and excellant service.

I find I have a high "never received" if my packages are not scanned in. When I moved I took them to the local office, but they didn't scan them and I had a real mess on my hnads. Now I drive the extra and get them scanned. If you don't get them scanned in and the person delivering them doesn't scan them, they can say they never got them. Heck if they didn't and you have to wait for the package to come back to you, it takes forever!

Well for one thing the USPS rates are by FAR not better than others. Wspecially once you start shipping heavier stuff.

And they advertise that they will "pick them up" but only for "Select" people. They will not pick them up for me. That service is "unavailable" to my area

I would love to be able to do that, but they don't scan them when they picl them up.

:(

I drive mine to a different town now that I have the warehouse, but I really liked my little post office, no lines and excellant service.

I find I have a high "never received" if my packages are not scanned in. When I moved I took them to the local office, but they didn't scan them and I had a real mess on my hnads. Now I drive the extra and get them scanned. If you don't get them scanned in and the person delivering them doesn't scan them, they can say they never got them. Heck if they didn't and you have to wait for the package to come back to you, it takes forever!

Nana's they scan mine. In fact when I send them from the PO I can never get any info until it's delivered. When I do it on line and have them picked up it will say that it's been processed at my po.