Wedding favors

soylover

I have NEVER seen or been asked for 8 oz. wedding favors...doesn't mean they don't exist, but most people want something small for two reasons: expense, and space. Since weddings are so outrageously expensive anyway, they tend to want smaller items that are less costly- so votives are the majority when it comes to candles, or little organza bags with tarts. Also since most tables are packed with the centerpiece and about 6000 utensils and giant plates and such, there isn't much room for an 8 oz. candle. Has someone requested that you make wedding favors for them? Hell, if they asked for 8 oz. candles, make 'em!!! That'd be a great profit for ya!! But generally, the most popular are votives, in my experience.

I've made literally thousands of custom candle wedding favors and the 3 oz filled straight votive glass from Libbey is the top choice of my customers. Followed by the 2 oz gold tin, which is much easier on you!

You can do a clear, foil or any type of custom label as well. Dress them up elegantly with small boxes, fabric to match the wedding party or what have you. These are money makers, but very time consuming in production.

I almost dread Spring/Summer because of this. They are alot of work, but once you get a plan you will be all set. Swap ideas back and forth with the bride. Wedding favors can be alot of fun.

Scent choice should be left completely up to the customer. Anything from Wedding Day to Merlot. The wierdest order I did for favors was in Banana Nut Bread. A strange request I might say, and she wanted them all wrapped in circles of cream colored lace and tied off with a sage green ribbon and hangtag. I thought this was a peculiar idea but her order resulted in 5 more orders placed by various guests for their weddings. I would highly recommend doing a customized warning label with your contact info for potential customers to find you if they want to order.

Unless these peeps have tons of money to spend, I would not go any larger than a 4 oz candle.

Yes 8 ounce is large.I did a wedding with 3 oz tureens and people took them home.Well these were the table decoration.They got the jars and I filled them with Maple Sugar.I was also kinda stunned with the FO but a fall wedding.The other scent( I forget) was one that didn't go with Maple Sugar.I guess everyone like them but did do rose petals for the flower girls and also the cake table and everyone aske if they were real.So it was a great idea.Oh those were scented rose.

Another idea would be tarts with the name of the couple and wedding date on a cute label.

I am getting ready to make a new business card and weddings will be on it.They are fun.I will suggest the things I have done and some tarts made up to show for samples.Like I think someone mentioned votives too.

LynnS