Linen/Body Spray ?

Mnhorsemom

Last night I tried to make a linen spray. This is the recipe I used, not sure where I got it from...

1oz FO mixed with 1/2 oz PS 80 (said to mix and heat in micro for 5-10 secs)

4oz distilled H2O

4 oz alcohol ( I used denatured)

add 3/4 oz of FO and PS80 mixture to the h2o and alcohol.

Mix this all together and put in a spray bottle. Says it should be clear within 12 hours. Well....When I left the house to come to work it had not been quite 12 hours but the mixture was still very milky looking and all I could smell was the denatured alcohol smell. Any suggestions on what I might have done wrong or ideas on what I might try.TIA

I use witch hazel and distilled water plus FO and that's it...there are a few teeny little bubbles in the water of oil, but it's clear, not milky, and you definately smell the FO, not the witch hazel..of course, there's not a lot of wh in it anyway...but this is a great mix for linen and or body spray! PM me if you want the amounts..I would just post them, but they're at home (I'm at work) and I'd hate to tell you the wrong amount. :P

Polysorbate 20 will disolve the oils into the water, and is used as an alternative to alcohol I believe...The recipe for the body/linen spray did not call for it, but it's probably a good idea, even though, mine really doesn't look like it needs it. I'm gonna try a batch with it though lol, just to see if there's a big difference. Is it possible that the witch hazel emulsifies? I haven't a clue, just know that even with out the polysorb this recipe isn't cloudy in the least. Anyone else??