Jackel electric warmers??

mommyof1

Thanks Sharon! I was wondering about that because when searching I saw that a few people had complained about them not getting hot enough while others raved about them....

If they are all the same wattage, I got one, and it was a "hotplate" style, it was 12 watts. I found it was too weak, which was a shame cause it was lovely, and big!

the only problem with the high wattage warmers is that some of them get the wax over 180 degrees and all of your FO burns out. I had this happen to me - put my candle on a warmer and after an few times it stopped smelling, got out my handy dandy thermometer and it was getting somewhere around 183, enough to burn off your FO. So I've warned all of my customers that were buying the jar candles and using the candle warmers. Right now, I am using a coffee warmer, if it doesnt get too hot to drink, it isn't gonna burn off your FO.

I use my Wal Mart warmer but want fancier ones to sell.I have had a French Vanilla that I have burned off and on for 3 months.It was my first tester for the wickless.I cannot get this one to the point I want to throw away.I still use it and it is awesome.Now when I first tested I used it almost every day for a month.Of course now it is just there and if I want a vanilla scent use it.This one is a forever wickless.

I have found that some of the scents are not as strong after a week and really don't like that because people want the scent for a long time like when they burn candles.

I like the wickless but most aren't interested so far.I have to explain to them what they are.I still think for offices these are the thing.Also with kids and pets around.

LynnS

This is a shame....only 12 watts, and they are so beautiful. It would take a long time to get a good scent throw, I would think. I think it would be difficult to sell them just to look at and I could not even think about trying to sell a product that won't give a good, fast, scent throw. I also think it would be difficult to sell the cheaper ones to some people because they are not very pretty. If it takes longer than a candle flame does to get a scent throw, I would prefer the candle myself and think maybe some customers would, also. The one I bought from Walmart is 17 watts. It took 1-1/2 hrs before I could smell a jar candle because it melts from the bottom. I tried a tart in a ceramic dish and also in a larger size used metal tart mold I picked up at a flea market (haven't seen this size on any websites). The metal tart mold throws much quicker and does not get hot enough that I think would be dangerous....I burn it quite often. I prefer to use a small tart, 1/2 oz size. I really don't need one any larger in my metal tart mold to get a great scent thow. I find that the Walmart warmer 17 watts, throws much better than any candle (including big name company candles) in my metal container.

But, of course, lots of people, at times, want the romantic atmosphere of a candlelight. I think most people would be able to find a place to set the electric warmers out of reach of pets and children if they saw a product that was pretty and functional. I wonder why Jackel didn't produce these electric warmers at a higher wattage. Maybe they would get too hot, being a (sort of closed in) ceramic style. They are losing a lot of business though, by not doing so. I absolutely fell in love with them when I saw them on the web and really just knew I could sell lots of them, but I can't sell anything I wouldn't be satisfied with myself, no matter how beautiful they are. Two days ago, I emailed Jackel, asking how many watts the EBW ones were. She responded to my first email, but failed to mention the watts. I emailed again, she responded by saying they are 100 voltage, but still didn't say how many watts. None of the sites are listing the wattage, so it seems to me, giving this info to the public is being avoided for some reason. Maybe some manufacturer or inventor will read this message board and manufacture what we need......a safe, beautiful, functional, and economical electric metal plate tart warmer (as beautiful as Jackel's). I believe there would be a great market for these, year-round because most people who don't burn candles as much in the warmer months might use these instead during those times.

JustJackie

I would like to add that I really appreciate you volunteering to do this co-op and your effort in doing so. ASA I get a chance, I am going to look at other products by Jackel and see if there is anything else I love as much as I did the EBW electric warmers. I had my heart set on those, and really did pay attention to anything else. Thanks again to you. It's the thought that counts. You did make many of us aware that Jackel does exist. I'm sure they have many other nice products.

Since my last post, I did rec'v email from Jackel confirming the EWB warmers are 12 watts....what a waste of a product that is so beautiful!! I believe I could have sold customers on these tart warmers who have never used one before..(if they could just do a good job of melting the tarts.) If anyone has found another supplier that has higher wattage electric plate tart warmers that are as beautiful, please post or PM. (Levine's are pretty, but no comparison to Jackel's IMO.) I might still be interested in their tea light warmers in a co-op Has anyone tried these and do they throw scent well and quickly?

I sell a ton of the jackel, they melt my tarts just fine. Maybe you should try one and see if they melt your tart?

If they don't melt somebody else's tart, that just means more slaes for me. I have never had somebody tell me they didn't melt a tart and nobody has brought any back for it.

I traded information to get the link to buy these warmers and it has worked for me, I have been selling them pretty well. I do sell a lot more of the crystal, but that is prolly cause they are cheaper and you can adjust the heat.

People also seem to like the kind with the lightbulb, since you can put in a new light bulb, but when the warmer plate goes out you are done.

I have had seceral retunred to me for not working and they are slower than snot to get them to you. It takes like 5 days to get the order packed.

They are good about taking care of the broken, non working ones though. They are not always out like some of the other warmer companies either.

Nanasnecessities:

Are you referring to the 12 watt electric warmers when you said they melt your tarts well or to the tealight warmers? Believe me, I am not just trying to be critical of the EWB 12 watters. Actually, I was very disappointed when I was told by someone who has used one that it does not work well. I don't think the difference is in the tart unless the tart is made of a higher melt point wax than you are using. I really would still like to try only (1) of the 12 watt warmers & (1) of the tealight warmers before buying quantities if someone can sell me one of each (wholesale, of course) or if someone does a co-op on these. Have you used the tealight warmers, also, and what do you (or anyone who has), think of them?

Cissy,

I think this is going to be something that you just have to test for yourself. I have had just as many people tell me that these warmers work great as I have those who have told me that they did not burn hot enough. Sounds like it's kinda like everything else about candlemaking - what works for one might not necessarily work for someone else and there can be many variables including, as you mentioned, wax types.

If you are wanting to purchase just one for testing purposes then you may want to post an ISO thread in the classified section. That is what I did and I had several very gracious people willing to sell me one so I could test it. HTH and good luck! ;)

I sell both types of warmers, the light bulb and heating pad. I love Jackel designs and wish they would make one with a bulb. They are not as hot but throw my tarts. But I use container wax for tarts and it has a lower melt point. The bulb ones sell better for me and are nice but you can't beat Jackle for the art work. If you want to try one I can sell you one, just got some in. PM me.

I don't sell to many tealight warmers.

My electric ones melt my tarts fine. I don't really have a high melt point, but I am not using container wax. My container wax would be totally gross with my kind of tarts. yuck, I wouldn't even want to bag them.

I wish they would put an adjustable dial on them so you could turn it up or down. I sell a lot of that kind, but I don't get as much for them.

I have asked them, but so far they just blow me off.

They are really slow to ship, but they do have a nice deal if you can hold on and order over 500, they give you 10 percent off, which usually means free shipping to me.

I have not had anybody tell me that they don't melt my competitions tarts either, so they must work well with soy.