wicking 8oz square mason jar

I really need help with this. I've been testing different wicks in my 8oz square mason jars. I've tried htp 105, 126 and 1212. It seems like the 105 and 126 are too weak. The 1212 seems too hot. I'm thinking that I need to try another type of wick. Any suggestions.

Just wondering what everyone else uses in their 8oz sq. mason jars. I need another starting point to test. Please help!!!!

TIA.

I have been having the same problem trying to wick 8 oz. tins. I am so frustrated that I could scream. Have been testing for the last 2 weeks, with not good results.

What do you think it means "instead of clear melt pook, milky wax pool?" I have this a lot with various wicks. I use 100% soy. So far I have tried RRD, HTP and CD, even tried a plain cotton wick which I tab myself. The only one that seems to be doing fairly well is the HTP 1212, but am having the milky wax pool.

I am doing a fundrasier for a school and want to use tins for safety purposes, but I'm running out of time because I can't seem to find the right wick. Any help would be appreciated.

Marty

I have been having the same problem trying to wick 8 oz. tins. I am so frustrated that I could scream. Have been testing for the last 2 weeks, with not good results.

What do you think it means "instead of clear melt pook, milky wax pool?" I have this a lot with various wicks. I use 100% soy. So far I have tried RRD, HTP and CD, even tried a plain cotton wick which I tab myself. The only one that seems to be doing fairly well is the HTP 1212, but am having the milky wax pool.

I am doing a fundrasier for a school and want to use tins for safety purposes, but I'm running out of time because I can't seem to find the right wick. Any help would be appreciated.

Marty

I'd double wick the tins

I had a hell of a time wicking this jar, I use 100% soy flakes, and I have used the hemp 1400 wicks, which i was sort of ok with it, because I had tested several and that wick was the best. So now with this post I'm going to test some more but double wick with hemp 838 and htp 52. I had no clue you could double wick an 8 oz jar, or tin. See you learn something new everyday.

Thanks to whomever posted this, and whomever posted about double wicking,

Mindy :)