SFIC soap bases

joyofsoycandle

Hi! I was wondering, if I start with melt and pour.....if what i want is the most moisturizing bar...which base would i start with, shea or goats milk? Also, could I mix both of them for a really moisturizing bar? Or, since I LOVE lots of bubbles and lather, should I try the shaving soap base? Is that more drying though? Just looking for some opinions, thanks!

Laura

SFIC are the best bases you can buy for M&P.

If you want to add bubbling properties, you can add a TB or so of Castor or Babussu Oil. If you want to add moisturizing properties you can add a TB or more of Shea Butter or something along those lines. If you add butters it will decrease the lathering a bit, so its best to add either Castor or Babussu oil along with it. I would also suggest a preservative as well.

You can mix the shaving base with goats milk base or shea base as well to add bubbles if you like.

IMO, you've got the right idea. The goat's milk has better lather whereas the shea base is more moisturizing. If you mix them both together, you could have one kick butt bar of soap! TLC made some soap for the M&P swap that was a mix of I believe, oatmeal, goat milk and honey bases and it is seriously the best M&P I've ever tried. Or like mystical suggested, you could save the extra money and just experiment with some clear or opaque M&P. You could add your own goat's milk, shea and castor to regular M&P and make an even bigger kick butt bar of soap! :) I've never tried the shaving soap base, so I can't help ya there...but the shea and goat's milk are both great on their own and would probably be fantastic together! ;)

If I were you I would try samples of each base to see how they perform individually. You might be happy with one or the other just the way they are. If you want more out of them, then go ahead and experiment.

Most m&p bases tell you that adding additional oils to them may reduce the lather. Since you like lots of bubbles, it doesn't sound like the way you want to go.

well thats why i was thinking, since i like lots of bubbles,to use the shaving base, but i didnt know if that might be more drying? It must have more in it of whatever it is that provides the extra bubbles. So i was wondering about that. Its just easier for me to do m&p. im not sure im ready to try the other types yet lol.

Ya know, I was just hunting around the web for Goat's Milk Soap and wondering why someone doesn't do Shea and Goat's Milk.

What a coincidence that I stumbled across this thread!

This would be "the premiere" soap of soaps!

I hope that you try this and are successful. I am very interested in the product. I have eczema, very sensitive, and very dry skin, and am afraid that I will have to start making the stuff just to satisfy my poor skin!

Just try finding a good moisturizing soap without fragrance...forget it!

I need relief.

Would you mind posting results, or please feel free to pm me.

I am very, very interested.

Thanks.

Fern-Marie