Opinions on Soy Wax

My last post got me thinking maybe I should compare different soy waxes. Right now I use MC Soy wax for containers and I like it. The two things I could be happier with is 1) scent throw is great on some scents and lousy on others 2) A better brand for less frosting. Appreciate any input

"My last post got me thinking maybe I should compare different soy waxes." Ah, Laurie, with that statement you just entered a door you can never go back! Always you will read of someone who has wonderful results with their wax. Or you will find another company's wax you hadn't heard of before. And then, of course, you must try some to see if it is better than what you are using. Till one day after you have gone stark raving mad, you finally decide to stick with one wax, and never mind what everyone else is saying about a new wax.

Till it eats on your mind and you finally have to try that one too! :yay:

"My last post got me thinking maybe I should compare different soy waxes." Ah, Laurie, with that statement you just entered a door you can never go back! Always you will read of someone who has wonderful results with their wax. Or you will find another company's wax you hadn't heard of before. And then, of course, you must try some to see if it is better than what you are using. Till one day after you have gone stark raving mad, you finally decide to stick with one wax, and never mind what everyone else is saying about a new wax.

Till it eats on your mind and you finally have to try that one too! :yay:

How right you are!! Been there, DOING that!! :P

My last post got me thinking maybe I should compare different soy waxes. Right now I use MC Soy wax for containers and I like it. The two things I could be happier with is 1) scent throw is great on some scents and lousy on others 2) A better brand for less frosting. Appreciate any input
By all means. All soy wax sucks, but it can be helpful to find one that sucks the way you prefer. Just make sure you start out with a full head of hair.

MC soy is plain 415. You will always have variables with this wax. Thats why I quit it. Too much inconsistency for me. I think it would frost somehow with no color, quite frankly. I created my own blend and no longer have any of those wicked "soy" issues. No frosting, holes, or ugly tops. Not even a wet spot in dark colors. It took a long time for me to come up with this mixture. But it was worth even minute and every dollar. I would recommend you playing with other soy waxes. Stay away from EZ soy, C- Series soy and Plain 415 if you can. They all basically suck.

Mystical Angel, you keep up with those comments of yours about your formula and I'm going to offer you a million dollars for it!! :P

Oh your too cute, Marilyn. :smiley2:

Now if you have alot of spare cash laying around, we can talk, sista!

I think I have mentioned before I love Superior Soy.Of course I cannot reveal all my secrets, but that is a good starting point. Hot pour, smooth tops. Its totally different than any other soy.

I get horrible sink holes pouring hot. It started to work for me pouring real cool. But on your recommendation I will continue to work with it. I do believe you let out another hint on one other wax you use!! I made a note of it somewhere here in my notes..hmm.... I've been noting your messages!! :yay:

Oh my Marilyn, you make me feel special. ;)

Now on the SS- it takes some getting used to. I first thought it had the most peculiar odor when it melted. Plain nasty. But that seems to diminish when you add the fragrance. I dont pour mine too hot. I spoke with Beth about this and she said pouring closer to 140 is the key. So try pouring at a lower temperature like you have been. I haven't had any sink holes with this wax yet. But it doesnt seem to require alot of curing either, so this is a plus.

Thanks much for the suggestions! At someone's suggestion, I have been adding 1/2 TBsp of stearic acid to help with the sink holes. Do you have any thoughts on that? I think I will try eliminating that and pouring at 140 and see how that goes.

Sorry to Laurie for getting carried away on her thread!! :)

No apology necessary. This is all very helpful to me thanks so much. From the sound of it I'm going to continue using what I've got which is from MillCreek. They call it 125. I don't know if it's from one of the same manufacturers as others and they just rename it or what. Where is the 415 from? See I don't get any sink holes, my tops are virtually smooth I just use a quick zap from heat gun anyway and since it sounds like all wax will vary with scents I guess I'm satisfied. Plus....who wants to do all that testing again!!!!!

No apology necessary. This is all very helpful to me thanks so much. From the sound of it I'm going to continue using what I've got which is from MillCreek. They call it 125. I don't know if it's from one of the same manufacturers as others and they just rename it or what. Where is the 415 from? See I don't get any sink holes, my tops are virtually smooth I just use a quick zap from heat gun anyway and since it sounds like all wax will vary with scents I guess I'm satisfied. Plus....who wants to do all that testing again!!!!!

HI,,MC soy 125 is 415 from Golden Brands. I am TRYING to work with it but I think I may just use a soy blend instead,,,Im not to sure yet. Im a paraffin user trying to add Soy to my line,,This will take a LONGGGG time...LOL