Anyone's CP Soap every smell fishy??

michiganrocks

Ok so I made a batch of cp cucumber melon from candles and supplies last night. Never used it in soap before but it's supposed to be fine to use. My kitchen stinks to high heaven right now like fish! I don't know what to do? Anyone else every experience this and if so does the true scent come back after it cures?

thanks

I thought it was? How do you know for sure? On their website it says it is bath and body safe. Does that mean it may only be good for m&p and lotions? I don't know but now I have 6lbs of fish stinking up the entire main level of the house. Good thing I'm pouring Love Spell candles right now. It's helping to cover up the odor.

Maybe I can market it to the guys that like to fish?:shocked2:

Yes, it has happened to me. I used Cucumber and mixed it with mint and it smelled like fish. Yup, yup.

After a long (months) cure, it went away. I gave it to many people and they could not smell it. So I figure it was just one of those "things".

OMG!! I thought I was losing my mind with the fish smell. I made a batch of lotion the other day and scented half with an EO blend and the other half with a body-safe cucumber melon FO. I used cuc-melon the next day and my goodness the fishy smell would knock you over. lol

Ok so I made a batch of cp cucumber melon from candles and supplies last night. Never used it in soap before but it's supposed to be fine to use. My kitchen stinks to high heaven right now like fish! I don't know what to do? Anyone else every experience this and if so does the true scent come back after it cures?

thanks

Just because it is okay to use in soap and/or bath and body applications doesn't mean the FO will work out okay in CP.

I'd set the soap to cure somewhere in your house where you can smell it (or smell it very well) and then revisit it with your nose once a week and see how the scent changes. It might, it might not. I've had FO's smell horrendous just after cp'ing, but within weeks it's back on tract. I've had FO's completely dissappear after cp'ing, only to come alive within a few weeks. And then I have had FO's that smelled awesome when I cut the bars, but a few months later smelled like something died.

Testing out the FO and/or going off of a trusted source for FO reviews is the best you can do.