Scents From Moonglow

No soy based FO's but what I am sure you want are FO's that have a good scent throw in SOY.Most all suppliers test the FO's in soy before selling them.I know one company will not sell them unless the FO tests good in soy.Parafin a good throw but they have to test for soy before selling it.

Still though there may be a few that are not a strong as others and you may want to add a little more FO.I don't think Warm Vanilla Sugar throws good so I think I will stay with lotion for that.

I don't know anything about Moon Glow but I am sure if they sell wax(think they do) their FO's will work in soy wax.

HTH

LynnS

I have ordered fragrance wicks and other things from them. I have never been disappointed. Their customer service is excellent and they are willing to help you in anyway. A good product and good service you can't go wrong.

Tamyra

I saw "Soy Based" on some of the scents on the MoonGlow website. I am not sure of the exact meaning of this either. All I do know is my local supplier carriers some specifically for soy and he told me that those particular oils have a differenct carrier compared to his other oils.
Sounds suspicious. The only type of soy "carrier oil" I know of is in the vegetable oil section of your supermarket, labeled Crisco, LOL.

I suppose I should have checked the wording first before opening my mouth, but I am going to go out on a limb and say that I have looked thru (and ordered from) Candlesoylutions and they say on their scent list whether the carrier is soy based or synthetic. There must be some difference. :P

There is nothing suspicious about their fragrances. Yes the carrier oil they use IS pure soybean oil (not crisco or a cottonseed blend) You can also order pure soybean oil from soap suppliers. ALL fragrance oils are mixed with some type of carrier oil and this company just so happens to use soybean instead of mineral oil, which I believe most companies use. Candlesoylutions as well as Northstar also have soy based fragrance oils. All three of these companies are legit and reputable, I think people should test them before they start saying it sounds fishy.

I believe there is a difference between "soy based" and "soy compatible" fragrance oils. I think that soy compatible means - tested in soy and has good throw. Here is what Northstar says about their soy based FOs:

"This is our own line of Soy based fragrance oils that are made with the highest quality fragrance compounds in a soy oil base. Most fragrance oils that are used for candle making even for soap making have solvents, mineral oil or dipropylene glycol in them. When common fragrance oils are mixed with natural waxes they can cause all kinds of problems. Our Soy based fragrance oils mix very well in natural waxes. You can also use these oils in paraffin waxes too. Some of our Soy based fragrance oils may contain a little bit of a solvent in them. There are fragrance compounds that will crystallize without them. Our goal is to offer fragrance oils with little or no additives. We use these same fragrances in our line of candles. Also we work very closely with our perfumers to obtain the best fragrances."

I personally have found that soybean oil based fragrances incorporate really well in my soy wax candles - less sweating, less frosting. As far as scent throw goes, I still find some are weak and some are strong.

Well i am also ignorant of the difference in fragrance oils!!So what i do is order bluegrass soy and bluegrass fragrances oils and they seem to have a great scent throw so far.Ive used several different ones over the last year and especially like key lime pie, spiced cranberry,and red delicious,yum yum.:D

Sorry, I forgot about your original question. I have ordered Mango FO from Moonglow, and it smells great and has a strong cold throw in soy, a medium hot throw. Jasmine is nice - it's more of a floral scent, and less sweet like some Jasmine FOs. It's a medium thrower. Their orange is a very true scent, but kind of a weak thrower. I would not recommend Ocean or Sunflower, as I didn't care for the scent of either. I prefer those from Northstar.