3" PVC as soap molds?

donna4909

There are several ways to seal off one end. End caps is one of them. Whatever you choose to do in terms of lining and sealing, PVC pipes will take some practice and getting used to. Most of us are not so lucky to get it to work right on the first or even second try. But in the long run, once you've got the wrinkles ironed out, it's an inexpensive mold to use.

This is how I do mine and it works everytime. I just make sure the soap is cool. Not warm at all. Then I take the end cap off and turn the mold upside down and give a couple of hard shakes and the liner and soap slide right out. Wash and dry the liner and it's ready to go again.

I would think that cutting the mylar a little longer than the tube would make it easy to pull out of the tube. Would that work?
Yes, definitely cut the mylar (or whatever you're lining with) a little longer so you have something to pull on. I use freezer paper which comes in standard 18 inch lengths, so I had my pipes sawed to 15 inch lengths to make things simple. The store I got the pipes from would only sell in 20 foot sections (costing around $1 per foot) but they were nice enough to saw them up for me.