Anyone use soy from these companies?

Haven't tried any from the candlemakerstore, but I use the soy from Snowtop, and IMO it ROCKS! :)

I'm not as much of a pro chandler like some of the others here on the board though, so maybe more peeps will chime in with info. Main reason I like it is cuz it's a little more fool-proof than some others I've tried out. Still get the occasional not-so-smooth top, but that's easily fixed with a heat gun. Haven't had a problem with frost, with the jar candles or the tarts either one, but I'm careful to pour at a very cool temp. I'm sure there's a wide variety of waxes out there that people love and stick with, but I've always been loyal to products that don't let me down. And for me, that's the Snowtop soy wax.

Hope that helps!

I used the Snowtop wax when I first started last summer, but for the past 5-6 months I have been using Celestial Soy from Tennessee Candles. FYI, they are the same wax- Golden Brands Plain 415 (it is on the box):yay: I use the TC one just because shipping is cheaper.

I used the Snowtop wax when I first started last summer, but for the past 5-6 months I have been using Celestial Soy from Tennessee Candles. FYI, they are the same wax- Golden Brands Plain 415 (it is on the box):yay: I use the TC one just because shipping is cheaper.

Are you ready for this? (drum roll)

Steve at Candlemaker's Store says his soy is 415 also! I got confirmation from Golden Brands on that. However, I'm not sure of that in my gut.

I get my wax from MillCreek, and they have the 415 also. Use BW in it but get great cold and hot throw, but have to pour slushy for smooth tops. MC will not let me pick up even though they are within a two hour drive from me. Candlemaker's Store in Hamilton, OH is actually closer driving time, and they allow pickup. One would think if they are the same wax, I could pick up and save mucho dinero :yay: on shipping, since I get most of my glassware from them also.

I have tested their wax side by side with MC soy and they DO NOT behave the same! The CS soy goes slushy at 105* and MC at 95*. The CS soy cold throw is slightly less strong than MC. I have two test candles in identical jars, additives, dye, wick, FO load and they burn differently.

Now this doesn't mean I won't switch, but I'll need to test it more to make it work as well as my present formulation, before I make the trip and buy six cases of the stuff. Probably my next step will be to get a case UPS'd to me and check out the lot and batch numbers.

Sorry for running on, but just letting you know what I found in that regard. 415 is a good solid well performing wax. Oh also: 415 is a blend, not a straight 100% soy. It apparently has some cottonseed in it. I found this out on another supplier's website.

your ever diligent geek :cool2:

Are you ready for this? (drum roll)

Steve at Candlemaker's Store says his soy is 415 also! I got confirmation from Golden Brands on that. However, I'm not sure of that in my gut.

I get my wax from MillCreek, and they have the 415 also. Use BW in it but get great cold and hot throw, but have to pour slushy for smooth tops. MC will not let me pick up even though they are within a two hour drive from me. Candlemaker's Store in Hamilton, OH is actually closer driving time, and they allow pickup. One would think if they are the same wax, I could pick up and save mucho dinero :yay: on shipping, since I get most of my glassware from them also.

I have tested their wax side by side with MC soy and they DO NOT behave the same! The CS soy goes slushy at 105* and MC at 95*. The CS soy cold throw is slightly less strong than MC. I have two test candles in identical jars, additives, dye, wick, FO load and they burn differently.

Now this doesn't mean I won't switch, but I'll need to test it more to make it work as well as my present formulation, before I make the trip and buy six cases of the stuff. Probably my next step will be to get a case UPS'd to me and check out the lot and batch numbers.

Sorry for running on, but just letting you know what I found in that regard. 415 is a good solid well performing wax. Oh also: 415 is a blend, not a straight 100% soy. It apparently has some cottonseed in it. I found this out on another supplier's website.

your ever diligent geek :cool2:

Click and read about these waxes:

http://www.peakcandle.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PCMS&Category_Code=WAX