Accidents Do Happen

OMG......I was talking to my sister on the phone and had just hung up. I am sitting at my computer, had the phone in my lap, reached up on my hutch to what I thought was an unlit candle and spilled it all over my keyboard and lap. Remember I had the phone in my lap.......well I'm now trying to get the wax off of it and the keyboard......My jeans....oh well...... Well the keyboard still types but has some places where I can't get.......I'm glad it way SOY!

I was testing a 8 oz tin with a CDN 14 and I might say I think it was burning pretty well. It did have some hang up now that I look at it on one side. I don't know with the amount of wax that I lost if it will catch up on the next burn........ What's so unbelievable is that the tin was not hot...

Pam

Wow glad you weren't hurt. You might try turning your keyboard upside down and VERY CAREFULLY using a heat gun on it. I've gotten wax off my phone, iPod, counter tops, leather couch, etc that way. Make sure it's set on low and never stop waving it back and forth. It didn't hurt my phone or Pod, though I must say I've never gotten it on my 'puter.

Good luck!

Wow glad you weren't hurt. You might try turning your keyboard upside down and VERY CAREFULLY using a heat gun on it. I've gotten wax off my phone, iPod, counter tops, leather couch, etc that way. Make sure it's set on low and never stop waving it back and forth. It didn't hurt my phone or Pod, though I must say I've never gotten it on my 'puter.

Good luck!

I know this may sound crazy, but if you have a dishwasher, put your keyboard in the top rack and wash it by itself. When it's done, turn it upside down on a towel and allow it to dry for several days. I've done this and it really works! Of course, I didn't have wax on it, either. :shocked2:

Wow, glad you are ok.. Be careful.. Someone may tell you to stay away from candles all together LOL ( sorry, couldn't resist)

Christina

Thanks Christina! I know you couldn't resist.....I thought about it except I'm having way too much fun testing!!!!!!!testing!!!!!!!testing!!!!!!!! (NOT) LOL

Thanks all to the suggestions......

Wow, glad you are ok.. Be careful.. Someone may tell you to stay away from candles all together LOL ( sorry, couldn't resist)

Christina

I was kinda waiting for that one. LOL

I really think we ought to drop that one, though. Not that I really think it's wrong... I'm just bored with it. ;)

We should show more imagination and find some new ways to piss people off. :cool2:

Thanks Christina! I know you couldn't resist.....I thought about it except I'm having way too much fun testing!!!!!!!testing!!!!!!!testing!!!!!!!! (NOT) LOL

Nope... bored with that one too... come on folks, we can do better. :yay:

We MUST do better... think of the children. We can't have them grow up in a world of sub-standard wise cracks ! We have to raise the bar.