CP Soap Questions

SueH

I have 3 batches of CP soap under my belt and feel more confident. Here are my questions. I want to make my batch of soap and separate it into 2 and make 2 different scents. Can I put some in a plastic bowl just long enough to mix the scent in? Also, can I add more than 1oz of FO per pound(depending on the fragrance) because the scent in some of my other batches has faded some. Thanks for your help!!

Sure to the plastic bowl, that's what I mix my soap in, a big rubbermaid bowl with spout. Usually 1 oz./lb. is about the max. a soap will hold without weeping, but the only way to find out is to try a tad more. You may see beads of scent on the soap when it's cut and it may or may not incorporate itself back in. If not, wipe it off and pray it doesn't keep weeping!! ;)

Forgot to add, if your soap is still fairly new, the scent may fade a bit, but come back the longer it cures. Some do, some don't!