Anyone ever make candles using baby food jars?

We have a young one--7 mos.--and we're starting to rack up a large number of glass baby food jars. Has anyone tried making candles with these?

If so, what type of wax and wick do you typically use, and if you've sold them, how much do you charge for them?

I have played around with these. I have the 4 oz and i use 4786 and i tried a votive wick i think it was 36z from Peaks. It worked well i just never did anymore. hope this will give you a starting point.

Mine is 7 months today!

I've been using them for smelly jellies for our cars; I also poured into a 4 oz but had some really sorry wicks and they didnt do good.

I hope to try soon. There might be more info over at the archives. If I find anything, I will link it for you.

i use them for trying out new scent to see if i like them.and i give them away to people so they can see if they like the scent.i use the zink core wicks but you would have to try out what size.i use two typys of wax and they both take a different size. i painted the lids so that they would like better.i think they would sell.i just never tried i got my jars from a friend so i do not have enough to try it.

I have made 90 baby food jar candles for 2 showers within one week of each other and I used votive wicks. As for pricing, they were for friends so I cut them a break, and only charged for supplies. Sorry I can't help. I will tell you though--people LOVE them.

I use them all the time with whatever container wax I am using,mostly for samples,am making some for three banks.I have never had any problems,the glass is thick enough,I just heat them wick them and pour

ditto this I use them with J223 and 36z good samplers :)

also make wickless candles with them perfect size :)