help with scent ideas

I have a few summer scents (Cantaloupe, Teaberry, Honey Baked Pears). I would like to turn them into fall or holiday fragrances if possible.

I've never mixed scents before so I don't know what to mix with (or how much) or what to call them. I've thought about maybe mixing with vanilla's or cinnamon's but thought I would ask for help first.

I'd really appreciate everyone's ideas! Thanks.

I may be lacking imagination, but I don't think there is anything that you can add to cantaloupe to make it a fallish scent..it's just a summer thing in my mind :)

The honey baked pear with either vanilla OR cinnamon would be good...well, it SOUNDS good anyhoo! Mixing scents is so much fun, but you can come up with some goobers if you're not careful~guess how I know?! Good luck to ya!

There were several posts on the old board on how to test new scent combos. The short version is to use Q tips. For a 50/50 mix dip the end of Q tips in each FOs. Then put the Q tips on a ziplock bag or small glass jar. I save my glass spice jars for this. For a 66/33 mix you would dip 2 Q Tips on the 1st FO and 1 Q Tip in the 2nd. And so on. I take my little scent jars to our weekly race party and have the ladies sniff them and give me feed back on the combos. Then I take the ones they like and make a test candle. HTH

I haven't gotten into scent mixing but another promising technique I remember reading about is to put drops of FO onto unscented tissue paper. This might be handy of one has droppers or pipettes lying around. You can easily try proportions like 2 drops of this and 3 drops of that.

There were several posts on the old board on how to test new scent combos. The short version is to use Q tips. For a 50/50 mix dip the end of Q tips in each FOs. Then put the Q tips on a ziplock bag or small glass jar. I save my glass spice jars for this. For a 66/33 mix you would dip 2 Q Tips on the 1st FO and 1 Q Tip in the 2nd. And so on. I take my little scent jars to our weekly race party and have the ladies sniff them and give me feed back on the combos. Then I take the ones they like and make a test candle. HTH

Now this is really cool info! Somehow I never saw posts about that on the other board, so I'm really glad you mentioned it!

Mix cucumber with canteloupe and call it good lol ... I would think that you could add some berry scents to it and make it a fruit salad. In my state, cantaloupe is available well into Sept. I've never really classified it by a season lol.

I think the cantaloupe is a tough one, but I did get the Honey Baked Pears yesterday and I don't think it needs anything added to it. It is WONDERFUL. I'm so excited to pour it, I wish I didn't have a date tonight. LOL! :P

I use the Q-tip method for mixing and sniffing. And since I have so many empty 1 oz sample bottles, they work perfect when you cut the Q-tips in half. I put a little label on them and make tally marks for how many of each scent I drop in when I add more. The scent doesn't fade or mix with other test scents like in the zip baggies I tried. :)